Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Office job interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got an interview tomorrow to be an office junior. Pretty shit job but hey you have to start somewhere! Just wondering if anyone had any tips and advice. Think I'm pretty prepaired so fingers crossed :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do a bit of research into the company, they might be impressed if you know a lot about them. Keep eye contact with the interviewer, and good luck.
    Sometimes a telling them ways to improve some of the ways they do things is impressive - you have to do t in the right way though - so as not to ofend, if done corrctly it just shows you are able to bring in a fresh perspective into a company.

Research the company - I once was asked how many people I thought worked for BT. I said about 50,000 - another guy said 500,000 - I was closer!!

Also I use a portfoilio in interviews - got the idea from watching models onTV going for interviews - their portfolio shows photos of them in different AD's and different looks, I did one of different websites I'd designed and past projects - it's so much easier to show people what you've done rather then to try and explain it in words.
    Thanx for the advice :). It went well and they seemed pretty keen so fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted :D