Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

When you are talking to someone...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
where do you look?

I normally look at their mouth (so that I can make out what they're saying), and if its a girl, I obviously glance at her chest every second or so :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when i talk to people i look into their eyes, which most people comment on and say that it's strange, but i can't help it.
    I would go for eyes, but this can be a bit intense sometimes, something they teach in counseling is to look at the top of their nose: this gives the impression of looking into eyes but is less confrontational. I use this and it is very effective.
    I just generally look at their face. I've never really thought about it.
    If I like the person or know them really well then I never notice where I look. But if I don't like them or I'm nervous I'm one of those shifty people who looks all around then and says "anyway...." a lot. I'm getting better at it but its still very annoying!
    i look at eyes, and occasionnaly flick to look at thir hand gestures... and if hes fit, i check out his packet a few times too.. just curious and all that :p girls guta have some idea of how big! :p BAD EVIL HABIT found myself checking out my fellas mates packet the other day... not good! *slap for sarah*
    i look into their eyes when i'm speaking but i do the classic look at the floor when i've got nothing left to say
    deep into their stony little hearts.
    Originally posted by fugue
    when i talk to people i look into their eyes, which most people comment on and say that it's strange, but i can't help it.

Ditto, im exactly the same....unless I dont really want to be talking to em
    hmmm, i look into their eyes. and then i glance around and lok at the ground if i get too embarassed with the eyes. if it's a lad...eyes..and mouth. :)
    their mouths:D

or their eyes life its like someone speciall
    I'm getting better at eye contact now...so eyes, mainly.
    Good suggestion, Hobbs :)
    Lots of eye contact can be intimidating.
    With boys i just look at thier face generally!But with girls i always look at thier eyes and they always look away!:rolleyes: Especially me girlfriend who just blushes and smiles!
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    But with girls i always look at thier eyes and they always look away!

was just about to ask if you had scary eyes, but i remember you saying that they're the same colour as mine...so that can't be it :p
    I don't think about where I look when I talk to people. I don't know where I look. If I think about it, I get really self-conscious and don't know where to look and feel really uncomfortable, so I don't think about it.

Does that make sense?
    Originally posted by bad seed
    was just about to ask if you had scary eyes, but i remember you saying that they're the same colour as mine...so that can't be it :p

I dont think i have now looking again!Everyone says my eyes are gorgeous so they cant look like you!:p
    i look at the floor, i look at the wall, i look at the tv, i look at their forehead. i *never* look people in the eyes, its weird when ya do.
    if its someone im attracted to or nervous around i stare at the bridge of their nose, as it gives the impression of concentration, when really youre conducting an in depth analysis of their nose.

if its someone i dont want to talk to ill look anywhere
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    I dont think i have now looking again!Everyone says my eyes are gorgeous so they cant look like you!:p

*uses the c-word profusely* :p
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    If I think about it, I get really self-conscious and don't know where to look and feel really uncomfortable, so I don't think about it.

Does that make sense?

Yep. Sometimes I become really aware that I'm looking them in the eye and then I get really uncomfortable and have to look somewhere else. But then I have to keep glancing back so they don't think I'm trying to avoid looking at them. Um?

Eye contact can be a bit full on at times.
    their eyes, breast and if i like the girl look at her all over, gives the impression you like her ;)