You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

When you are talking to someone...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
where do you look?

I normally look at their mouth (so that I can make out what they're saying), and if its a girl, I obviously glance at her chest every second or so :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when i talk to people i look into their eyes, which most people comment on and say that it's strange, but i can't help it.
    I would go for eyes, but this can be a bit intense sometimes, something they teach in counseling is to look at the top of their nose: this gives the impression of looking into eyes but is less confrontational. I use this and it is very effective.
    I just generally look at their face. I've never really thought about it.
    If I like the person or know them really well then I never notice where I look. But if I don't like them or I'm nervous I'm one of those shifty people who looks all around then and says "anyway...." a lot. I'm getting better at it but its still very annoying!
    i look at eyes, and occasionnaly flick to look at thir hand gestures... and if hes fit, i check out his packet a few times too.. just curious and all that :p girls guta have some idea of how big! :p BAD EVIL HABIT found myself checking out my fellas mates packet the other day... not good! *slap for sarah*
    i look into their eyes when i'm speaking but i do the classic look at the floor when i've got nothing left to say
    deep into their stony little hearts.
    Originally posted by fugue
    when i talk to people i look into their eyes, which most people comment on and say that it's strange, but i can't help it.

Ditto, im exactly the same....unless I dont really want to be talking to em
    hmmm, i look into their eyes. and then i glance around and lok at the ground if i get too embarassed with the eyes. if it's a lad...eyes..and mouth. :)
    their mouths:D

or their eyes life its like someone speciall
    I'm getting better at eye contact now...so eyes, mainly.
    Good suggestion, Hobbs :)
    Lots of eye contact can be intimidating.
    With boys i just look at thier face generally!But with girls i always look at thier eyes and they always look away!:rolleyes: Especially me girlfriend who just blushes and smiles!
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    But with girls i always look at thier eyes and they always look away!

was just about to ask if you had scary eyes, but i remember you saying that they're the same colour as mine...so that can't be it :p
    I don't think about where I look when I talk to people. I don't know where I look. If I think about it, I get really self-conscious and don't know where to look and feel really uncomfortable, so I don't think about it.

Does that make sense?
    Originally posted by bad seed
    was just about to ask if you had scary eyes, but i remember you saying that they're the same colour as mine...so that can't be it :p

I dont think i have now looking again!Everyone says my eyes are gorgeous so they cant look like you!:p
    i look at the floor, i look at the wall, i look at the tv, i look at their forehead. i *never* look people in the eyes, its weird when ya do.
    if its someone im attracted to or nervous around i stare at the bridge of their nose, as it gives the impression of concentration, when really youre conducting an in depth analysis of their nose.

if its someone i dont want to talk to ill look anywhere
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    I dont think i have now looking again!Everyone says my eyes are gorgeous so they cant look like you!:p

*uses the c-word profusely* :p
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    If I think about it, I get really self-conscious and don't know where to look and feel really uncomfortable, so I don't think about it.

Does that make sense?

Yep. Sometimes I become really aware that I'm looking them in the eye and then I get really uncomfortable and have to look somewhere else. But then I have to keep glancing back so they don't think I'm trying to avoid looking at them. Um?

Eye contact can be a bit full on at times.
    their eyes, breast and if i like the girl look at her all over, gives the impression you like her ;)