Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

famous friends and families

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Fair enough, used to dance to them tunes at discos *reminisces*

didnt we all?! *we, can be, who we want to be... just tell yourself - you can do it! why you gotta play that song so loud - because we want to! because we want to!* my god im sad!
    no offence or anything, but you dont look like her do you? ...she has a weird shaped chin!

:lol:
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    BritJames, wasn't it you that met Geri Halliwell in Tesco's?

No that was Me ... but she wasn't doing her shopping .. she was in the Watford Tesco's doing her book signing .. I'd seen just the day before her autograph was valued at about £70 so bought a copy of her book and got it signed - had my photo taken too, but worst damn photo of me ever!! So I ain't showing that to anyone!!

Here's a pic I took
    Ah see I KNEW there was someone. And I seem to get confused between you two, I dunno why. Hmm. Yeah..so..go on, show us this piccy of you ;)
    i was chatting to Wayne Sleep on the train back from London the other day. He was in the buffet car at the same time as me (for those who don't know he's a semi-famous dancer and often appears on things like celebrity weakest link). he turned round and said hello to me and i said hello back, then said "you once tried to teach me to dance" (which is true, i went to one of his dance workshops). then we got chatting and he was asking me what i was doing at uni and stuff!
    OH!! I just remembered.

I met a very, very famous Chinese actor.

Who doesn't speak a word of English, so nobody here will ever have heard of him.

Anyway I met him in China doing this big posh...concert/dinner thing, then he ended up in the next compartment to us in the sleeper train back to Beijing. He spent ages talking to us, our poor translator was worn out. We were horrible to him actually...lol :rolleyes: He was very sweet though, and we did take the piss out of him for a good while afterwards..
    oh and my mum used to drink in a pub in wolves with nikki french
    Ah see I KNEW there was someone. And I seem to get confused between you two, I dunno why. Hmm. Yeah..so..go on, show us this piccy of you ;)

... No way .. not showing that picture to anyone ... it's so damn bad!! Although Geri looks alright in it.

I have to admit it's very strange seeing someone in the flesh you've only known for years and years through the TV. Espacially when they've grown up 4 miles from you and gone on to have such big success.

So why the confusion?? I'm the little gem from Krypton!!

Oh I was at two nightclubs whilst they were filming this Documentary called "Film Idol" so you might see me on that!!
    Then I might be famous!!!

:D

Oh one really embarrassing thing was meeting this MP or now ex conservative MP - can't remember his name but he had vert curly hair and used to appear onthe James Wale TV show each week - jerry Hayes - perhaps?

Anyway I was in a London Pub and he was standing by the door and I said to the girl I was with - that guys a famous MP ... next thing she's going up to him and saying .. my friend says you're "Famous ...." then he comes up to me to say Hello, was very nice about it - but I was well embarressed by the girl!!

Oh and I was on a train with my boss and this guy walks past and my Boss says "evening Mr Ben" ... he told me later that was "Tony Ben" then MP..

Seen Kylie at a record signing ... but Really Geri and Jerry are the two I've ever met

My cousin's ex-girlfriend used to work for a record company and met all the famous singers!!

Oh this is Jerry!!
    _1460805_jerry.jpg
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    ... No way .. not showing that picture to anyone ... it's so damn bad!! Although Geri looks alright in it.

Oh go on, for me ;) I'm sure it can't be as bad as some of the piccys I have of me..

I'm gonna have to go to bed soon yknow if nothing happens worth keeping me here :p
    Oh go on, for me ;) I'm sure it can't be as bad as some of the piccys I have of me..

I'm gonna have to go to bed soon yknow if nothing happens worth keeping me here :p

... No way!!

The only way you're gonna see pics of me and Geri are if we get hitched and sell the piccies to "Hello Magazine"
    Geri----very fine woman, do you think it was right for her to change her image? or did you prefer her when she was ginger spice, i think shes better now than ever before.
    Lacy May ... Andrew Jackson? President sometime in the 19th Century? (I should know this ... did it at Uni!)...

My claim to fame? 1) My dad was good friends at university with Neil Hamilton ... he ate at my grandparents house on a number of occasions and he sent them a copy of his book.

2) I was once the linesman at a football match that Emlyn Hughes was playing in.

I think that's it. Exciting life I lead, eh?!
    forgot, im mates with revaleno (sp) heskey, Emile's little brother.

and that mp who went into prison for fraud or something (cant remember his name - roger somehting? maybe not... im slihgtly pissed) bit famous guy, just published his autobiography/.prison diary - he made my dad a cup of tea a few months ago whilst inside. :yes: apprently he was a sarcy bugger
    i have passed craig charles (from robot wars) in my town...like passed him on the street

my dad has met sir paul mcartney and the people who do the voices for kermit the frog and fozzie bear...i think thats pretty cool! he used to be a gardener and went into a house one day to return some things and could hear them talking and he thought a tele had been left on so went to turn it off and walked into the room to find the two men practicing their lines! how cool!
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    i got off with kenny miller and he texts me:D

He used to play for Rangers, so you'll be infected with AIDS or something equally nasty :p

I've met Jade and had a five minute conversation with her. I count her as a friend :p
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I've met Jade and had a five minute conversation with her. I count her as a friend :p

Jade from Big bro?
    My grandad used to have records out years ago and played in the hilton all the time. He was in eastenders and was the bloke that played the piano in 'ello ello'. lol, what a claim to fame
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Jade from Big bro?

:yes:

Before she lost the weight... :eek:
    :yes:

Before she lost the weight... :eek:

And what in gods name did u talk about?! :p
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    And what in gods name did u talk about?! :p

Well she was doing a PA at a club I used to go to. The first minute or two I was a blubbering fool, then she said she liked my T-Shirt :blush:

Then a load of random bollocks about it always raining in Scotland :eek2:
    Well she was doing a PA at a club I used to go to. The first minute or two I was a blubbering fool, then she said she liked my T-Shirt :blush:

Then a load of random bollocks about it always raining in Scotland :eek2:

Aww, bless. *strokes*
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Geri----very fine woman, do you think it was right for her to change her image? or did you prefer her when she was ginger spice, i think shes better now than ever before.

I quite liked her in all three phases as I see it .. the Ginger Spice phase, the One after she left - about the time she did that Spanish Song and Now .. Although I did think she was way too thin when I first say her new look on TV .. but looked alright in the flesh.

Although I reckon when she's old she's gonna be really fat .. never known a girl who's weight goes up and down so much.
    So in answer to Babdabing's question of 'Do you know any celebs personally' the answer is a big fat no from most people?! :p
    Originally posted by Faith
    So in answer to Babdabing's question of 'Do you know any celebs personally' the answer is a big fat no from most people?! :p

lol but its fun to say who you've seen or wat ever :p lol
    Originally posted by Faith

Hmm, you'd think because there are so many famous people in the UK, there's a chance someone would be a close mate to someone semi-famous?

Actually, a guy I was mates at school with now is mates with someone *very* famous, but I'm not telling :p
    Actually, a guy I was mates at school with now is mates with someone *very* famous, but I'm not telling :p

Yes you are. Please? :p
    Hmm, you'd think because there are so many famous people in the UK, there's a chance someone would be a close mate to someone semi-famous

yeh they are, that trinster's billie piper's cousin, i know she's a has been but still!

*sorry trinster!*