Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Affection etc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering, what do you do when your other half doesn't show you as much affection as you show them. Like kissing, hugging, holding hands etc etc?

For example; today she missed me at the end of school because she was convinced I'd gone home, then didn't hold my hand, then I got a little hug and a goodbye - no kiss and no invitation for a chat par normal. :( Is this a sign (which would be weird) or is it just a stage?

Comments

• Options
    She might have just had a bad day or something.
    Check to see if this happens again any time soon and if there are recurring (sp?) problems...

Maybe she didn't feel pretty today?

Had other things on her mind...

It might be a phase. If you're worried, just talk to her. :)
  • Options
    well how long have you been going out? its quite an important thing you know...i went out with this boy for about 3 months and was never quite sure how to say that i didnt actually like him in 'that' all important way so i just avoided physical affection stuff. if this isnt normal however like you were implying/saying then i would suggest a bad day and wrong side of bed and totally not your fault so dont get your knickers in a twist bout it !!
    The Silly String
  • Options
    why don't you do a search on your old threads, i'm sure you have asked this before.

and to be really depressing as thats how i'm feeling, when katie was like that it was because she was an idoit and felt guilty cus she fancied a gimp and was very distance, soon after we finished it.
  • Options
    Ok all - I hven't found out completely why but today she said "I feel so claustrophobic - there are so many people everywhere!!!" and I apoligised for hanging around her too much and she said "No, I'm glad you're here"

Hmmm. Perhaps it is a problem she has. Or maybe because I was really sad on monday then she just thought it was best to 'give me space' (when in fact the reason I was sad was because I felt lonely, neglected, unwanted, etc so that was probably not a good idea hehe) but I'm not sure. Today she gave me a little peck after school but still just a little hug rather than a cuddle and no invitation for a cup of tea. Sigh. Things will get better though because I spoke to my friend and he says she is just as worried about mucking things up as I am, so we are both 'treading on eggshells' apparently. Nice to know she cares about me anyway :)