Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey everyone! :D

so what uni's do you go to/are you hoping to go to?

im off to the university of hertfordshire in feb :)

so where are you all going?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    isn't there a thread like this in student already?
    nope....not that i can see anyways. mines just about who is going where but i cant see one like that...im probably wrong so i apologise if i am but i cant see it :confused:
    I'm too young to be thinking about uni, I've only just sorted out what I'm doing at college...:rolleyes:

But I do know exactly what course I want to do, and a list of the unis that do it.

Like I say, I'm too young to have thought about it :p

KoolCat, what's Flagman?
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    KoolCat, what's Flagman?

the best vodka i ever found in Russia :D i tried to bring a bottle home with me but stupid me put my bag down to heavily and it smashed and went all over the station platform :( i was gutted about that.

anyway, back to the original thread there's a similar one in student ;) i'm at heriot-watt in edinburgh doing languages and as have been away for a whole year, i can't wait to go back in september :D
    Ohh yeah..I couldn't make out 'vodka' underneath, can now though lol.
    I'm hopefully going to York in October to do a Politics degree.

Blonde_Batman - UoH is near me! I know someone there doing a graphics course. It's well serviced by University Buses which run you into Queensbury or then onto Edgware both of which have tube connections so you can go into town. I can tell you more about the local area, if you're interested PM me.
    lol its 7 miles up the road from me :p the bus stops at the bottom of my road but thank you anyways for offering the info :)
    I may be going to Leeds uni in September to do English and Sociology with politics. But I don't think I'll have got in. :( :crying: So I'm just waiting till results day to find out how badly I have actually done. Going from 3As last year to B, Cs and Ds is not going to be pretty. :(
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    i'm at heriot-watt in edinburgh doing languages and as have been away for a whole year, i can't wait to go back in september :D

Ahhh, that's my second choice!

Hopefully, i'll be off to UEA in sept to study accounting and finance. Otherwise, second choice is H-W in edinburgh, same course, or failing that, clearing :S
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

Hopefully, i'll be off to UEA in sept to study accounting and finance. Otherwise, second choice is H-W in edinburgh, same course, or failing that, clearing :S

of course, i hope you get your first choice. but HW is a fantastic uni - you'd love it there too :D
    I'm so glad you said that, i've been really worried about it being my second choice, as i didn't warm to the people there or the other people on my course at ALL. Thanks :)
    i'll be off to UEA in sept to study accounting and finance. Otherwise, second choice is H-W in edinburgh

They're so far away from each other - do you live somewhere in the middle?

I've got Nottingham Uni as my first choice and Leicester Uni as my second, both for psychology....either way I don't get very far away from my family (can't quite decide if that's good or bad!)
    No, i live in London - miles from both!

My b/f's off to Exeter too, so one way or another, i'm going to be at the opposite end of the country to him :(
    Wolverhampton uni for me i'm afraid. I would move away but i cant afford to.

to be fair though...wolves uni does look pretty good to me.
    No, i live in London - miles from both!

I guess UEA isn't too far...not as far as Edinburgh at least!
    My b/f's off to Exeter too, so one way or another, i'm going to be at the opposite end of the country to him :( [/B]

I'm lucky - my boyfriend and I both chose the same uni without knowing the other's choice! It would be bad if he went to the same uni as you but had a crap time, perhaps if the course wasn't very good or something.

Hope everything goes ok for the two of you :) How long have you been together?
    my bf and i moved away to different unis and we are still together 3 years down the line. it's hard, but can be done :)
    Originally posted by .NK
    Hope everything goes ok for the two of you :) How long have you been together?

We've been together about 8 months now, actually. He used to post here, that's how i met him, if you root around in Sport and Fitness, he's Alistair.

Thing is, i'm not sure we'd've stayed together even if we were at the same uni, but i dunno. I applied to Exeter, but they called me for an interview and tried to make me do a maths test (i did my maths GCSE a year early, and haven't done any real maths since then). I didn't do very well, i don't think!
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra i'm not sure we'd've stayed together even if we were at the same uni, but i dunno

I've been with my boyfriend for four years now and we've been at the same school, so I guess going to uni together just seems a logical step to take!

As I said before, am very lucky we both chose the same place - we both said that we didn't want to go somewhere just because the other was going - happened that Nottingham is best for psych this year and he really liked the physics department there!:D

Now just waiting for good results....otherwise I'll be at Leicester (which you can nearly see from Nottingham anyway...!) :chin:
    There's a few i've been looking at, though my current fave appears to be Southampton Uni.
    I've looked at a few others too. Some you guys mentioned.
    University of Wales, Bangor.
    University of Wales, Aberystwyth

Film and Television Studies

*fingers crossed*
    Originally posted by leannemc
    University of Wales, Aberystwyth

I applied there a few years ago (I will be a mature student when I start this year). I had a conditional offer to read the LLB.
    I have to think of unis now, and fill in UCAS form for October; have i thought about it? No, i'm trying to put it to the back of my mind, since i don't know what course to do/where to go!
    Perhaps Geography or German with somethings else. Other hurdles are AS results, and once deciding the courses and unis, the Personal Statement on form............. *cries with despair!*
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster

Hopefully, i'll be off to UEA in sept to study accounting and finance.

Yay, i'm just going into my last year at UEA. you'll love the concrete city :)

they've spent £1.5 million on a new union too, its like a trendy london bar :crazyeyes Had it a year and we've managed to get some pretty good stained/damage furniture now :D
    mm im considering Southhampton but doubt i'll get an offer ;( so next stop Reading or Portsmouth
    Originally posted by emj
    Wolverhampton uni for me i'm afraid. I would move away but i cant afford to.

to be fair though...wolves uni does look pretty good to me.

oh no dont go there:p

thats awfulllllllll:D

whatcha guna study?

im only just starting college but i know already im either going to leicester or teeside uni to do sociology:)
    Imperial College London if I get the grades, failing which Southampton. Failing which, clearing or getting a job for a year :S

Southampn is a great uni. Just that imperial is better imo.
    just found out that i got into the course i wanted at Napier, so Edinburgh here i come:D
    Off to the Uni of Manchester to do Biology. I need to apply for my accomodation though!