Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My rights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right my situation is...

I have been off sick alot this year with the doctors back up with sicknotes & full report to say i am sick etc. Anyway a while ago my boss told me that if my attendance didn't improve they would have to start thinking about legal action.
What are my rights, can they do this? I have been signed off again until i go on holiday & i am very worried i am gonna lose my job.
I am also now pregnant & really need the maternity pay that i would be intiitled to working there.

Please advise appreciated.

Mods please move if wrong forum, didnt know where to put!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well if you are geniuely sick your boss can't do much as you have a doctors slip as well....tell your boss your now pregnant and you have been sick, show your boss all your doctors slips and the proof that you are sick.
    They cannot do anything if you have a medical certificate!
    Have you been given a written, then a verbal warning before about time off? because I think they are within their rights depending on wether they have gone through the right procedure.
    I would advise you to go to the citizens advice beureau (sp) and see what your rights are.
    It's a tricky situation but you should see it from their point of view, imagine how hard it is for them to get the staff to cover you while you are away.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I would advise you to go to the citizens advice beureau (sp) and see what your rights are.

Or see Mobily.....Mr Doughnut? :p
    I still think thatatif your contract has a notice period, they can tell you you are on notice and ask you to leave after a month or whatever.

Still, I don't know. You'll need to contact a legal thingy.