Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

love at first sight

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
im intrigued. do you believe in this? like, you can see someone across a crowded room and fall instantly in love with them?

i personally dont believe in it. i think you learn to love someone (that doesnt sound very good but i dont know how else to put it) like, you appreciate them and then the feelings develop into more serious ones like love.

anyway ... love at first sight ... discuss :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: love at first sight
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    im intrigued. do you believe in this? like, you can see someone across a crowded room and fall instantly in love with them?

Nope. You can fancy them madly, but I dont see how you can actually love someone until you know what they're like.
    I believe in attraction at first sight.
    Well, personally I don't believe this either, I think it's some lame excuse to give us hope that true love really exists ;)

Then again, this 'love at first sight' happened to a girlfriend of mine. She and her boyfriend had never met before. They saw eachother and bam ... they 'knew' they were ment for eachother. They have been a couple for over 6 months now, it all started at that moment they first layed eyes on eachother. Sounds like a fairytale to me but hey, it happened anyway!

So maybe, it does exist, but doesn't happen very often.
    nope i dont realy belive in it im afraid, but i do think you can fall in love with someone before you attually meet them in person providing you get to know them well enough and you make the right connection i think you can "click" before you meet

(you know who you are :angel: )
    Love at first sight does not exist. There is no such thing. You can see someone and think 'Oh my God I love them' but unless you actually get to know them then it is only lust. Simple. I thought I loved somebody but then I got to know the real them and I realised no I didn't, people who make me choose between me and my best friend in the world are not worth it.
    Originally posted by *x*socksgirl*x*
    people who make me choose between me and my best friend in the world are not worth it.

Nonsense.

You saw your friends 5 days per week, yet you hardly saw your boyfriend, who lived very close, at all.

You chose to spend most of your time with your mates, who you often see, than to spend it with your boyfriend. You family said this, too.

Clearly, this is wrong.
    leave it mobily she aint worth it, i got my angel now and she is like so much better! :D
    Originally posted by Samael
    i got my angel now and she is like so much better! :D

Oi! That isn't nice.

Right, I am not gonna get involved anymore.
    im not in a nice mood...... someone has done a very good job of pissing me off on msn..

attually i cant say that cause she aint really getting to me i just feel like being a bit of a bastard
    i just feel like being a bit of a bastard

well done it's working
    i got my angel now and she is like so much better! :D

That's harsh. I know what it says on the left below my name but I've read the boards as a guest for long enough to know the past. Don't be so damned cruel - Socksgirl is 14 ffs and even regardless of her age or what happened she doesn't deserve that comment.

As for the question :). I don't believe in it either, it is certainly something that happens over time for me. I think to love somebody you must love their personality as well as their appearance - how can you do that when you see them across a crowded room for the first time?
    Originally posted by Powboskie
    That's harsh. I know what it says on the left below my name but I've read the boards as a guest for long enough to know the past. Don't be so damned cruel - Socksgirl is 14 ffs and even regardless of her age or what happened she doesn't deserve that comment.

Thankyou, although none of you saw the conversation I was having with him yesterday . . . that was soooooooooo much worse (ask ShyBoy I showed it to him)
    Thankyou, although none of you saw the conversation I was having with him yesterday . . . that was soooooooooo much worse (ask ShyBoy I showed it to him)

its over fran, please stop bringing it up on the boards its not needed
    its over fran, please stop bringing it up on the boards its not needed

*shuts up* (and it wasn't me who brought it up actually . . .)
    times like this when i remember why i think samual is a nob
    :lol:
    Originally posted by molo
    times like this when i remember why i think samual is a nob
    :lol:

Shut up. None. Of. Your. Business.
    Shut up. None. Of. Your. Business.

don't bring it up on a discussion board then

bloody hell. i'm very much entitled to my opinon on samuels personality traits.
    Originally posted by molo
    don't bring it up on a discussion board then

bloody hell. i'm very much entitled to my opinon on samuels personality traits.

Fine, but actually I shut up about it and so should you. and you really do drag things on for ages don't you? God, I stopped hating you ages ago but hey guess what it's back.
    is there something about samael im unaware of?
    hmmm does SHE know about you samael? coz i sware, iv seen her hurt enuff and iv promised myself the next person that hurts her i WILL stab in the throat with a blunt pencil !
    i may not be the hardest nuttyest strongest muva fukker in the world, but i aint letting ANYONE since the last boy hurt her.

dont wanna be steppin on your toes Samael, i really like ya, i rekon your an alright lad, just am a bit protective, you know why.

Later Dayz
    i think love at first sight is bullshit.
    i believe in lust at first sight
    ill pm you bez..... whats your email addy?......ill grab you on msn or something and speak there
    Originally posted by fugue
    i think love at first sight is bullshit.
    i believe in lust at first sight

me too, and then falling in love can develop soon after!

Not without even talking though, well I suppose it could , kinda....... it's all about a chemical reaction.

You may analyse deeper why you 'feel' for a person in the end and this just brings you to realisation that you love them, but the love has to start someway chemically and this is called lust. You can look back at lust moments and realise you were in love just through your realisation....blah blah........and analysis....blah!

Lust means you 'want' someone, you can lust without love, (that means.......begining of a relationship or just sex, you can love someone without lusting them, but this is not a relationship, it's a close, loving caring companionship, blah............. you can't love someone (intimatley ) without having lust them first though,....so...........I come to the conclusion, you can love at second sight, as long as you've had lust for the first sight! lol!:D

I know....blah blah blah.......