Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

switzerland - what can you get there?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Cousin is going to switzerland on Friday - I usually ask him to bring back Sweets or Chocolates native to the country he's travelling to .. what can you get in switzerland?

The only thing I can think of is Toblerone.

What else can you get there?

Comments

• White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Pies, steak and kidney! I'm telling ya people, pies are the way to go :hyper:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How rude are you?

Never mind "Have a nice time" or "See you when you get back"

You just go with the "Bring me back sweets and chocolates!" routine :rolleyes:

Me, me, me, self, self, self, all the bloody time :mad:

I'm only joking, just go for the Toblerone mate..
    They have lots of chocolate bars that I've never heard of, but they tasted cack. Most toursity places sell 'swiss milk chocolate' and all that was the naff scenery pictures as wrappers.

Get a penknife instead. Much more novelty value.
    *coughs

nestle

but they have nice chocolate there too :)
    Originally posted by Smash
    They have lots of chocolate bars that I've never heard of, but they tasted cack. Most toursity places sell 'swiss milk chocolate' and all that was the naff scenery pictures as wrappers.

doubt itd taste as good though
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    cheese :D
    Clocks!

Chocolate and clocks are what makes the Swiss rich!
    cannabis very openly. the swiss are about to legalize it totaly.
    this week or next it will go through parliament and apparently will face an insignificant opposition.
    the government have said it is there moral duty to alow people to buy it sell it smoke it grow it ...all licience free! they have stated that punishing people for having cannabis in their lives is imoral.
    how will it effect the production of clocks and watches i wonder ...
    do you think they will loose track of time?
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    ooo ooo, i know. ask him to open up a swiss bank account for you. if you need to be there or somin get him to open one then have you as a named user or somin. if it worked then you could say 'put it into my swiss account'!!!!
    They do loads of different chocolates, general souvineery things (mugs, t-shirts etc), penknives obviously (penknives are a good idea actually), and everything seems to have a running theme of cows. Oooh oooh lots of places sell cow bells too.

Strangely enough, I don't remember seeing any cheese or any clocks when I was there :confused:
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Swiss rolls!

How do you make a Swiss roll?

Push him down a mountain :lol: :no:

Oh, those primary school jokes are the best...

Just stick to chocolate mate, best if he buys it direct from the manufacturer if possible...
    tolberone...that bar is lovely :yum:

well since your cousin probably couldn't take it back here tell him to go and buy cannabis and smoke it himself/herself, see if the swiss have got it right.
    Very Very nice swiss chocolates.

Cheese.
    Originally posted by Smash

I'd forgotten about the famous Swiss Army Knives - although don't think I'd really have need for one.

If any of you watch "Dark Angel" you'll know the guy that stars in it .. that plays Logan .. his Dad became a Millionaire being the first importer of Swiss Army Knives in the USA.

I was thinking more of chocolates or something ... maybe swiss cheese although I reall like dutch Edam - but don't know if it would be in good shape byt he time my cousin gets through the airport, etc!!
    MOZART KUGELN!!!

Can you even get those in switzerland, actually? :confused:

If you can, ask for them. They're the bestest chocolates EVER, there's milk chocolate goo (but nice goo, not sickly goo) in the middle, covered with half pistachio half regular marzipan, then a layer of milk chocolate, and then a layer of dark chocolate.

Yummy :D:yum:
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    MOZART KUGELN!!!

Can you even get those in switzerland, actually? :confused:

If you can, ask for them. They're the bestest chocolates EVER, there's milk chocolate goo (but nice goo, not sickly goo) in the middle, covered with half pistachio half regular marzipan, then a layer of milk chocolate, and then a layer of dark chocolate.

Yummy :D:yum:

Seems to be made in Austria

Also seems to be various version o fthe chocolate in red, white and blue boxes...

http://www.original-mozartkugel.com/produkte/produktee.htm