Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What it could have been!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It was going to be mine and my ex's 2 yr anniversary today, silly me looked at photos from the 1st year anniversary!

I am now really (not missing or wanting him) feeling sad!!

Its just we split up in October and its strange, i only ever think of him when i am alone i dont miss him, i love the freedom and happyness i have now, but when i am alone i cry about what we may of had, i mean he treated me like dirt, BUT had i put up with it we may have got through that hard time, i just feel like although i have come on from splitting up with him, won the award, started more voluntary work i just miss that relationship thing!

When will it stop, i have had two boyfs yet they dont even come close to him, the point is i have proven him WRONG and i can be successful! i just feel really upset now, the only time i get upset its through thinking about him! :(

I am going lanzarote in August were we went together it was THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!!! now i have to go again and thing we kissed here, we held hands walking down here we stood on that stage together, he bought me clothes from there! its just the fact that i get my results the day i go away if i fail and then have to sit in the same airport as where we went from, i know im gonna cry :( how do i get over this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yesterday would have been 2 years with my ex. a person can't help but remember stuff like that, things that have meaning or would have. totally get how you think about him when you are alone as that is how it seems to go with me as well.

i don't know how someone gets over a person they care about. i think that the key is to just keep going, taking it a day at a time. try to keep busy with friends or school or pretty much anything. might help keep the mind from wandering to him. talking to friends helps.

wish you luck since i am not sure if any of that is going to help. hope that things work out for you.
    It just hurts to think he never things about me, he is glad we split up and personally i dont think he misses me, why though coz im starting to really dislike him now, yet it still doesn not get any easier!
    posted by *DEVIL*
    but when i am alone i cry about what we may of had, i mean he treated me like dirt, BUT had i put up with it we may have got through that hard time,

Well, this guy seems to be a real jerk. You should keep in mind that you're better off without him. Maybe you shouldn't look at the foto's, they'll only make you sad. Put them away, far away.

Maybe take someone with you on holiday? It's hard getting over someone you really loved, I know, but someday you'll meet someone else, and you'll forget about him.

As ReverandX already said, don't know if this is gonna help, it all depends on you now.