Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

joiont honours

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hi guys, thinking of doing a jojnt honours in modern history and english.
Has anyone done any joint honours degrees or has done these subs and can give me an insight into how hard the work is (obv it will be hard like, but is joint loads loads loads more work than single???)
thanx for any replies
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi!

Obviously, I don't know the ins and outs of your course, but I would imagine that in terms of workload, there wouldn't be a huge amount of difference between what you're doing and say, single honours History or English. The units you'll be doing in one dept will be in the place of units in the other, if that makes sense. The only thing you might find is that you'll have more/less clashing of essay deadlines and things, and of course how much your English and History departments cooperate with each other will make a huge difference. If they aren't very good at talking to each other you might have exam or timetable clashes, but that's pretty unlikely :)

I do History with German at Bristol and although the German element only makes up a third of my course, I spend more time in the German dept than History, and have a fuller time table than those slack historians :p although those things are more down to doing a language than 2 subjects per se. Personally I like doing 2 subjects because it means that when I'm sick to death of doing one thing, I can swop and do something completely different. It's not all history history history.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll have a ball ;)