Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How important is I Love You

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How important do you think telling someone you love them is? and how seriously do you take it when someone tells you?

I find it hard to say even though I feel it very strongly, I think because of the way I was brought up, (no one ever said it to me unitl my current girlfriend although its obvious my family do) so I am the same, I love my girlfriend, but dont say it, as my parents did with eachother and me.

I really want to tell my girlfriend I do, but how much do you think I am hurting her by not telling her? I get the impretion that its alot as she often asks why I dont, (I have before but not very many times) she tells me every day.. but

Is her saying it every day, less or more meaningful? I think I would rather hear it less often, as it seems to have more of an impact when I am actually told. What do you think?

Also, how could I make it easier for me to say it to her? I really really love her so much, and want to tell her and have done, but I want to feel more comfortable doing it, any help?

How important is saying, 'I Love You'?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really like hearing it at any time, but especially when I am going to bed.
    i like hearing it when i'm absolutly confident its 100% true.

which i thought i have before but second thoughts, never have...
    In my opinion 'i love you' is the biggest thing you say and you believe that they are the 'one'.Me and me girlfriend say we luv eachother in txts cos we luv eachother because we mean so much to eachother but we dont love eachother becuase well we are only 15!
    Although I may have sounded flippent about in the other thread, they mean a hell of a lot to me. I didn't tell my boyfriend I loved him until I knew I was 110% sure about it, and I think he was the same: Mundane as it may be, the way he changed how he signed off in text messages I think showed how his feelings changed - at first he would just sign off with his name, a few months later he started using 'luv' and then eventually he wrote "just wanted to say hi, love you xxx." That text actually brought a tear to my eye, as I couldn't believe someone actually felt like that about me. And of course the next time I saw him and we said it face to face, that was even better :love: I can't imagine saying it when I didn't mean it.

Sadly, I think I tend to overuse it on the phone and stuff now, but that doesn't mean it means any less to me. Of course the best time to say it/hear it, is when we're all snuggled up together, feeling oh so close. The best feeling in the world....
    Originally posted by molo
    i like hearing it when i'm absolutly confident its 100% true.

which i thought i have before but second thoughts, never have...

yeh, its a phrase wich gets thrown around alot, especially by fellas, to get the girl in the sack.
    i honestly never said it to anyone, i think i would want to make sure i meant it before i said it as i feel if its used to much that it would lose its meaning. also i dont want to scare her, as it may seem a little too euthusatic for her liking, but hey it doesnt mean that i havent a place in my heart at the moment.
    I love it when my b/f says he loves me but recently he hasn't said it as much. i've asked him about this and he says he don't even realise he not say it and it might not sound as much to me cos i say it to him all the time! then last night as we lay in bed just after having amazing he looked at me and brushed my hair away and said 'i love you' i had a big massive smile on my face all night!.

Peaches
    x
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    The words I love you, when said at the right time, at the right place, with the right people. Can be the most romantic,exciting,nervous,scariest, and unbelievable Time 2 people could ever share.

well said
    i think its important for moving your relationship on, once you love one another and you both know it then your as colse as you can get really
    Originally posted by Meryn
    ... then eventually he wrote "just wanted to say hi, love you xxx." That text actually brought a tear to my eye, as I couldn't believe someone actually felt like that about me. And of course the next time I saw him and we said it face to face, that was even better :love: I can't imagine saying it when I didn't mean it.

Isn't it a great feeling to be loved by someone? I didn't really appreciate it until the other day. It was just like waking up to the reality.