Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

double jointed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am double jointed and i can do alot of freaky things with my body and i was wondering will that effect me when i am older?
i can still put my leg over my head and do funny things but i was wondering about the consequences.:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and do funny things

Like what? ;)

Prob wont have any consquences on your body.
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Like what? ;)

Prob wont have any consquences on your body.

leg over head, leg turned round wrong way, head move strangely, fingers bend in upper joint, thimb bend backwards, for some reason i can move my adams apple with ease, and more that i forget.:D
    it could have long term effects on your joints, but im not sure...

best to leave the extertainment just to liven up parties or something, so you dont over do it:D
    double jointed people are at risk from arthritis
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    double jointed people are at risk from arthritis

yeah, plus i play the guitar and i think that takes its toll on your joints aswell. my da is getting arthrits because he has been playing the guitar for 30 years
    they are at risk but from what i've heard 'playing around' with being double jointed doesn't affect your getting arthritis, tho i'm not sure.
    I have loose ligaments (sp?) so i can also do a lot of weird and wonderful things, the only bad stuff i have experienced from mucking with my joints is the pain when i put them back in place carelessly.

wish i could make sense ;)
    i use my fucked upness for party tricks and breaking the ice in most cases.

the strange things i can do are a gift from god and i am gonna freek people out to the best of my ability!!:D
    mm.i know what ya mean, i have a boat load of party tricks
    I'm not double jointed, but can spin my wrist/hand around 360 degrees....
    I guess that if, when you play with your joints, they rub against each other then you could be at risk of osteoarthritis (when the joints are just worn away)? I'm just guessing, but it would seem logical! But I don't see any other reason why it would put you at increased risk of arthritis. ;)
    Im not double jointed but i can pull my thumb a far bit back and it looks fucked up.
    the consequences can be different for different ppl, but i dont think there wud be too many consequences for bein double jointed, ur body will always be like that, so i wudnt think too much wud come of it......
    fuck i hope not any way, i do not like the risk involved. health prevails over party tricks. :yes: