Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Staind - 14 shades of Grey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i tried to look and see if this had been posted before but i couldn't find it (maybe i just didn't look hard enough)

I was wondering if anybody else had the new staind album and what an album it is. its really good. was wondering if anybody else had heard it. Can't wait til i see them at leeds i just love aaron lewis' voice. would love to just stand there and hear him sing 'how about you' and 'zoe jayne' and so many other great songs. anyways im gonna shut up now :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This album is brilliant, has alot of meaning behind it, his voice in it is amazing, i cant wait till they tour again...staind are a brilliant band. *sweet zoeee jane*
    Originally posted by Shogun
    This album is brilliant, has alot of meaning behind it, his voice in it is amazing, i cant wait till they tour again...staind are a brilliant band. *sweet zoeee jane*

thats mad im listening to that song now. its so good. :) i agree the voice is amazing n the songs are so deep. i think im going to cry :crying:
    So far away is brilliant as well, u ever seen Staind live before?
    the album is amazin, staind r still and always will remain my fav band. me and shogun went 2 see em, fuckin amazin live!
    nope never had the chance before, usually money or lack of transport stopping me but im seeing them at leeds :) i just hope that aaron does not disappoint me :) which i doubt he will of course :)
    They are well worth seeing i think, a few months ago i went off staind's music,didnt really like them but now they are just class, hopes and prays that they tour again.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    They are well worth seeing i think, a few months ago i went off staind's music,didnt really like them but now they are just class, hopes and prays that they tour again.

if they impress me at leeds then me too coz i would go and see them definately :) I have never gone off stainds music. Dysfunction wasn't as good as break the cycle or 14 shades of grey though.
    Originally posted by Tek-ila
    if they impress me at leeds then me too coz i would go and see them definately :) I have never gone off stainds music. Dysfunction wasn't as good as break the cycle or 14 shades of grey though.

I think this 14 shades of grey is the best album they have had so far, its really brilliant.
    i think that break the cycle is better than 14 shades of grey, dunno y, just do. although sayin this, they r both brilliant albums and cant wait 2 see em at another concert!:D
    if you like Staind you'd probably like Pearl Jam. Aaron Lewis and Eddie Vedder have exactly the same voice.
    they are huh, i thought i was the only one who thought so. I say staind live a while ago, they were better than i thought they'd be. :D
    staind sed in an interview one time that they were influenced my pearl jam.
    I havent really listened to pearl jam but of what i heard of them i didnt really like it, i prefer staind- they arent as heavy as pearl jam.
    i dunno dude, staind r pretty heavy, maybe not in their latest albums, but their past albums they were pretty heavy.....
    just for future reference: Nickelback, Staind and Puddle Of Mudd are bastardisations of Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, with bits of Nirvana and Soundgarden thrown in for good measure.

not takin anything away from Nickelback etc, but if it wasnt for the latter four bands, theyd sound a lot different, although i dont doubt that theyd still be as good. Theyd just sound completely different.

May i reccomend downloading:

Pearl Jam - Black, Alive, Once
    Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello To Heaven, Hunger Strike
    Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun *cough* Overfloater, Fell On Black Days
    Alice In Chains - Nutshell, Rooster, Brother

if you like the ballady rock stuff, these songs are pretty must just as good.
    I got some of them pearl jam songs, they are okay.. but staind is alot better i still think, wonder when they are touring again :chin:
    id say the autumn, the r doin a tour of america now in the summer, so id say they'd do a european tour in the autumn....
    pearl jam are awesome. i recommend u d/l "even flow" and "jeremy" and you also d/l "jesus christ pose" by soundgarden:D
    Hopes for autumn then.....ill try and download them songs.
    Staind play angst-ridden bollocks.