Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alix & Contacts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right instead of raping the other threads - I made this. Tomorrow I am off to get some contacts (or, try to). Now I'm sure my optician will help me too, but you guys can offer experiences which will be valued!

So, I can get monthly contacts for 50p a day which is cool because my I only get £30 and don't wont to spend it on my vision. Lol.

So monthly contacts - what are the ins and outs? Isn't it one pair for a month? What about cleaning etc? Can i wear them all day and night? For the cleaning is it best to boil water and put the case in that and use solution on the lenses?

When I get a job and some money - I'll probably go for something more suitable for my lifestyle.

Also, what do I expect for a first time wearer? I'm guessing itchy eyes...

Meh.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    are you talking about monthly sleep in ones or the monthly during the day ones?

i had monthly disposable ones and found my eyes got really sore wearing them, also its a bit of a hassle having to clean them, especially when getting home late at night and drunk:D

which is why i now have daily disposable ones, so you wear them for the day then chuck em:) which requires no cleaning, and i think theyre better for your eyes, especially if youre lazy and dont clean the other type!

the monthly ones i had you were advised not to sleep in them. but there are ones available (im not sure if it was these which you were talkign about) which you wear for a whole month and dont need to clean them...

down to personal preference;)
    dont sleep in the monthly ones, your eyes go all dry

what you say about case cleaning and lens cleaning sounds fine though, yeah it is one pair for the month

and for the first time wearer, expect lots of fun trying to get them in/out and finding them on the floor!!

good luck honey

xxx
    Can I try at your house so if I drop them you can pick them up...? :naughty:
    :p

Yeah that's true...I guess it would depend on my lifestyle. We'll see eh? Thanks people :)
    Originally posted by Xila
    Can I try at your house so if I drop them you can pick them up...? :naughty:

sure thang! ;)
    Meh I have to wait until Thursday :(
    Here's the update : £45 if I am over 16 (which I am not) so I gave my real details to save me £20. Went today, they sent me to the contact part, then back to the other place for a general look over.

They asked who my friend Daryl was, I announced him as my guardian.This is not a lie however, my parents do work alot and couldn't make it, and I do stay with him in Harwich a few days each month.

Anyway we got poo-pooed away, bastard Vision Express.

So off I run to Donald and what-ever it is. No questions asked, so now I am in on Tuesday. Too late for monday at college, but I don't mind anymore. Besides, D&A only do Tuesday and Friday contact appointments.