Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Man u and Arsenal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Man utd are supposedly to launch a 22m bid for Arsenals Patrick Viera, do u think they could get him? I dont think hes worth 22m, hes bad tempered as well if i can remember correctly but still a good player.

I dont think Wenger would sell him to Utd anyway, their arch rivals.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmm, Arsenal need the money though...
    Re: Man u and Arsenal
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Man utd are supposedly to launch a 22m bid for Arsenals Patrick Viera, do u think they could get him? I dont think hes worth 22m, hes bad tempered as well if i can remember correctly but still a good player.

I dont think Wenger would sell him to Utd anyway, their arch rivals.

You wouldn't think Man Utd would sell their top midfielder to the team that always gives them trouble in the Champions League, but Beckham is still on his way to Real Madrid! Football is all about money nowadays, long gone are the thoughts of loyalty to a team and rivalry against others... its all about the £$£$£
    Re: Re: Man u and Arsenal
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    You wouldn't think Man Utd would sell their top midfielder to the team that always gives them trouble in the Champions League, but Beckham is still on his way to Real Madrid! Football is all about money nowadays, long gone are the thoughts of loyalty to a team and rivalry against others... its all about the £$£$£

I don't think that United did that for the profit though, it was more about raising money to strengthen the team. If they come out of this with two decent players (Ronaldinho + decent striker) then it would have been good business - especially when you consider that the combined salary for two quality players is likely to be higher than what they were paying Beckham...
    Re: Re: Re: Man u and Arsenal
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I don't think that United did that for the profit though, it was more about raising money to strengthen the team. If they come out of this with two decent players (Ronaldinho + decent striker) then it would have been good business - especially when you consider that the combined salary for two quality players is likely to be higher than what they were paying Beckham...

Yes, good point, but why the frantic attempts from numerous clubs to purchase him at the beginning of the transfer season... because they all needed a new star, to bring in the the supporters, more and more are watching the games from the comforts of their houses instead of going to the match, apart from the die hard supporters obviously. Teams like Real and Barcelona need big names and stars to help turnover.
    has viera not signed a new contract with arsenal? but as someone else sed, its all bout ££££ and arsenal r in money problems, so they may accept....
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    has viera not signed a new contract with arsenal? but as someone else sed, its all bout ££££ and arsenal r in money problems, so they may accept....

Yea i think they may accept it but then again theres the pride of Wenger, he wont want to sale such an inspiritional player to his arch rivals, it may just be a matter of time before Viera signs another contract with Arsenal.
    yeh, we r talkin about wenger acceptin a bid for one of his best players from utd. i think if it was real madrid r ac milan r someone like that it wud be different, but man u, i dont think he likes them too much!