Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The North Wales race riots.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12356021,00.html

Any background on it? It was between asylum seekers and local towns people. Aren't asylum seekers on probation until they are citizens?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I assume asylum seekers can still be prosecuted.

Most opposition to asylum seekers is based on racism anyhow (in my view at least).
    thanks. I was just curious. Never heard of it happening in Wales.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Never heard of it happening in Wales.

Its normally the English they give beatings to in North Wales :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Its normally the English they give beatings to in North Wales :rolleyes:

well, you wouldnt like it if your country was taken over by the english;) :p

feh anyways im welsh and i get loadsa stick for being in england:(
    North Wales is what you call a 'shitehole'.

Its at the arse end of nowhere , with nothing to do , full of empty , souless mining villages surrounded by mountains of slate.

And Wrexham is there , which is the single worst town ive ever visited.

No wonder they're rioting , they wanna leave and live in a nice place.
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    North Wales is what you call a 'shitehole'

:rolleyes: is that really necessary (or true?)

Its at the arse end of nowhere , with nothing to do , full of empty , souless mining villages surrounded by mountains of slate.

Well perhaps our good government should be doing something to address problems like this, such as encouraging mobile Investment into the area and away from the overheated south-east. The same applies to other areas of the UK. Why isn't the government doing more to encourage the growth of the regions outside london?
    Originally posted by The Matadore "shithole"

I like that you posted it that way. It made it really clear to me. Thanks to everyone for posting your opinions on this. I was just curious.

Is this a valid conclusion on my part? In the states, poor White and Blacks go at it to claim turf in areas that no wealthy person would live. Sounds like the same thing here. People fighting over the scraps of society.
    To be honest im suprised PNJ has heard of Wales or knows where it is:rolleyes:
    I even know it's not represented on the Union Jack...in terms of having a cross...which one person said was a source of annoyance in Wales.
    North Wales is what you call a 'shitehole'.

And Wrexham is there , which is the single worst town ive ever visited.

If you think Wrexham is bad mate, you should visit some of the towns up on the coast. Wales ain't as bad as people think, although some places have problems with poverty.

Anyway, as a Wrexham lass and somebody who works in one of the most respected pubs in town, we get the gossip. Caer Park, or 'Queens Park' as it was formerly known is about half an hour, if that, away from the town centre and the largest council estate in the UK. Yeah it's rough, but then where isn't? It's nothing compared to some cities.
    Never heard of it happening in Wales

I read the Big Issue and yes, there are some areas in Wales with big racial problems, although they're mainly down south in the Rhondda. Now where was I?

Ah yeah, so here's the story that's been floating about by word of mouth, I've heard two. Anyway, the first says that a guy from Iraq was walking down the road on the estate and stuck two fingers up at somebody because he was white. Although I don't quite believe that in all honesty, most of the asylum seekers here are pretty sound, they're alright, y'know?

Now the other story, which I believe to be more likely is that one Iraqi lad was beaten up by a gang (yeah a gang, most people up here are too pussy to fight one on one) outside the Red Dragon and he ran back home, returning with about twenty of his friends. Then a fight kicked off inside, windows were smashed and one lad is in hospital with serious head injuries (rumour has it he's died, although it's just a rumour).

The second night was worse, with cars being blown up and molly cocktails thrown everywhere, last night seemed Ok.

Was this a racist attack? Well whether the original motives of the man who was being beaten up is debatable. Yeah, Caer Park is rough, you keep your head down and your mouth shut and Wrexham is facing problems with the factories being shut down to be moved to Malasia, something which even jobs in the fastly growing service industy of the town can compensate for. The problem that most people have is that because jobs are hard to find and because the dole only goes so far, people are pissed off because Asylum Seekers are getting higher benefits than them, a place to live and furnature. I'm not debating whether the asylum seeker situation is wrong or not, but it's real tough on Wrexham, it's going downhill as it is.

What's the update? Well it's apparently being planned over the internet for bus loads of Asylum Seekers to come down from Birmingham and London and on the opposition, people from Cardiff and the BNP are coming up for a big fight. It won't be held in Caer Park mind, most likely it'll be on Eagles Meadow (a big car park) or just outside the town. Either way, in my opinion I reckon it'll be planned like football riots are.
    I like that you posted it that way. It made it really clear to me. Thanks to everyone for posting your opinions on this. I was just curious.

Is this a valid conclusion on my part? In the states, poor White and Blacks go at it to claim turf in areas that no wealthy person would live. Sounds like the same thing here. People fighting over the scraps of society.

No PNJ it's not the same thing, it's not a turf war. It's just a small racist minority who have been feeding on resentment saying things like "they get houses straight away, they get to skip the NHS waiting lists, they live on £100 a week, they're stealing our jobs and our women" this, combined with the kinds of attitudes in The Sun and the Daily Mail (saying virtually the same as the above) gets the local population all het up and so leads to tensions where any little thing sets of a race riot.
    PNJ...i live in north wales. it is very beutiful. mountains, forrests lakes lots of coast. very nice place to live ...except for two bad towns on the landscape. wrexham and rhyl. Rhyl being the worst one. the welsh lads in wrexham usualy beat up the welsh lads from nearby llangollen. who in turn usualy fight with the welsh mountain boys from corwen who hate the guys from bala. the welsh lads are so terrotorial and simple that they have feuds that run for generations from one village to the next. so if your a muslim and your confronted by a realy fucking thick sawmill boy ...
    run!
    How interesting that pnj is continually concerned with every snippet he hears about conflicts everywhere else in the world when just a few minutes of legitimate research on his part would show him the vastly greater rate of violent crime, racial assault, poverty, etc.. in the US compared to any other country on earth.

We lead the world in strangth for sure, but meanwhile we're rotting from the inside out with the concerted impoverishment and division of our own society by corrupt elitest pigs like Bush and his corporate bedfellows.

But pnj, like most, would rather ignore that and pretend the problems are everywhere else in the world. Yep, kev, he's Zippy to the core!
    Posted again for Clandestine. And you are Belgian:

Previously posted - ON THIS THREAD no less- by me:

That's what I said. Mouth.
    Better tell that to the US Passport Authority in Seattle who issued my American passport then, little ignorant uneducated punk.

Just your average Northern England town then.
    Nah, Wales ain't that bad. If you can handle yourself it's sound.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for the latest news on what's going on. Something planned for friday or saturday... urgh
    little ignorant uneducated punk.

Smart enough not to call myself "Clandestine" when I'm a Belgian posting on a site pretending to be an American for the sole purpose of knocking America. Good cover 007.

Why don't you call yourself Spy and take a trip to Cuba posing as a Communist.
    Smart enough not to call myself "Clandestine" when I'm a Belgian posting on a site pretending to be an American for the sole purpose of knocking America. Good cover 007.

Why don't you call yourself Spy and take a trip to Cuba posing as a Communist.

for starters why would he "pretend" to be an american on a youth site. Im sure the American "government" keep track on this site:rolleyes: As for you PNJ, why cant you see that we are "knocking" you because you keep posting useless American media propaganda that everyone else is intelligent enough to see through. Open your eyes and come back when you are educated about the corruption in *your* "Government" and you actually know what is going on.
    Ren, I post things for discussion. The most intolerant people on the site are "the liberals." Everyone else discusses things. No board is worth monitoring. It's just a board...for exchanging viewpoints...which I will continue to do. My opinion on Clandestine is that he's an older guy and not an American.
    Yes im an older guy, I suppose you think youre a rocket scientist for figuring that out, given that Ive said that Ive been over here for 13 years sinche leaving college (not far from my home town in the States, btw)

You post for discussion with a regular tendency toward slanting the issue according to your own utter lack of understanding and it shows. Then you persist in calling everyone "biased" who tries to inform you and lift you out of your propaganda drenched little world where you are denied the proper breadth of information to understand even the things you post.

In the end, its your stroppy ill informed flag waving "we can do no wrong" attitude that is what has made everyone, including myself, sick of you.

You go on believing im a Belgian and that Bush is not one of the most criminal presidents the nation has seen in decades and one day when you awake from your pathetic little fairy tale existence, don't be surprised that the country is in ruins economically and the target of even greater militant backlash thanks to the imperialist posture which complerely ignorant twats like yourself have stupidly cheered.

Liberals are the only hope our country has, and even your father could tell you that, if you had any capacity to learn anything whatsoever. I highly doubt you do though.