Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnancy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone here ever been pregnant?

I am in hospital now with very high blood pressure and I have to be kept under observation until the sprog arrives! I could be in here for up to five weeks they say. :(

What were your experiences of pregnancy like?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When my (now ex) g/f was pregnant, she was *very* hormonal. So was I, come to think of it :p

It's one of the most crazy times of a woman's life. Hang in there :)
    Re: Pregnancy
    Originally posted by Molly

I am in hospital now with very high blood pressure and I have to be kept under observation until the sprog arrives! I could be in here for up to five weeks they say. :(

How far gone are you? I'm pregnant at the moment. 9 weeks tommorow :D.
    So far i have been quite lucky ecept for overwelming tiredness.
    Re: Re: Pregnancy
    Originally posted by Tweety
    How far gone are you? I'm pregnant at the moment. 9 weeks
    I am due July 12th (approx).

I have had a relatively easy pregnancy but now I'm in hospital for the next few weeks to watch my blood pressure. I wasn't even due to leave work for a few weeks yet!
    ahhh this time 4 years ago I was ready to drop....

I had a sickenly annoying pregnancy, mind ! - wasn't sick once and was a size 10 til I was 6 months gone - they told me she was going to be a tiny baby but when she popped out she was 8lbs!

My mum had high blood pressure with my brothers...they say it can be a paternal link, which would explain why she never had it with me as me and my brothers have different dads.

There's not much you can do about it really though, is there? Just try and keep calm about it.

edited because I'm special and it didn't make much sense...not sure if it does now either...ho hum
    Originally posted by candy

There's not much you can do about it really though, is there? Just try and keep calm about it.
    Nope, all I can do is sit here and be fussed over, and enjoy all the chocolates.... oh wait, I'm not allowed those. :( I can enjoy all the flowers my fella's brought for me though!
    And at least I get to use the internet!
    Completely irrelevant to the question, but when I hear 'pregnancy', I always remember Del Boy using the oxygen mask in the delivery room. Classic! :D
    Nope, all I can do is sit here and be fussed over, and enjoy all the chocolates.... oh wait, I'm not allowed those. :( I can enjoy all the flowers my fella's brought for me though!
    And at least I get to use the internet!

do you know what sex it is? have you got any names sorted? which hospital u in (i live in Newcastle too...)?

sorry just curious...!
    I've not ever been pregnant, but just wanted to say Good Luck :thumb: :D

We'll keep you entertained if you're stuck in there too long! hehe ;)
    Re: Re: Re: Pregnancy
    I am due July 12th (approx).

I have had a relatively easy pregnancy but now I'm in hospital for the next few weeks to watch my blood pressure. I wasn't even due to leave work for a few weeks yet!

Ooooohhh the day after my birthday :D.
    Originally posted by Mr Doughnut
    Completely irrelevant to the question, but when I hear 'pregnancy', I always remember Del Boy using the oxygen mask in the delivery room. Classic! :D

my boyfriend was on the gas and air too when I had the littl'un...it was hysterical - not many people are impressed by it, but if you take it til the point of passing out its great...just feel really pissed :rolleyes:

ahhhh the memories
    I was ok with my Jaz, was slightly sick at the beginning but that calmed down relatively quickly. But yeh, it was as close to fine as it possibly could be, sat all my exams when i was 9 months so i couldnt have been that bad! lol, except for the backache.
    This one though I was really ill, Sick every morning from about 6am right through to the afternoon on some days. Then it would stop and come back in the evening. Hang on in there and you'll be fine, at least you dont have ot work! good luck.
    Originally posted by candy
    do you know what sex it is? have you got any names sorted? which hospital u in (i live in Newcastle too...)?

sorry just curious...!
    Yes! He is a baby boy and I am in Newcastle General on Westgate Road.
    My boyfriend doesn't know what sex the baby is yet though, I didn't tell him I know either, but he may have guessed as I haven't bought anything pink, hehe. :)
    Re: Pregnancy

Yes, once or twice!

Well with the last one I had to move house when I was 32 weeks. I had to do quite a lot of the donkey work too, didn`t have a choice.

So anyway, I suppose it`s not too surprising that I went into premature labour 3 days later! Went to the hospital where they gave me something to try and stop it (which did work I`m happy to say) but informed me that neonatal intensive care was chockablock and they`d have to find me a bed elsewhere. Eventually this turned out to be in Stoke on Trent! :(

Needless to say I was not happy. As I said, they stopped the labour, but because I was 3 cm dilated and my membranes were bulging they would not let me go home. And there was still no NICU cot for me in Coventry. So I was stuck there, and my poor other half, bless his heart, came all that way to see me every single night I was there apart from one. Sometimes it took him 3 hours to get there on the fucking M6.

It feels like being in prison doesn`t it? Still at least you have the internet. Not quite sure how, is it a nice modern hospital?? In the hospitals I`ve been in you`re lucky to have a tv! The worst thing I found was watching other women come in, stay a couple of days and then go home again. But then there were a couple of other long term "inmates" so I wasn`t alone. One poor girl was only 28 weeks and they told her she had to stay in till she had it. :-/

Try not to get too down (easier said than done I know). I feel for you, I really do. I`m 16 weeks pregnant atm, just hope this one is a little less complicated!

As Faith said, we`ll help keep you entertained. If you like later I`ll tell you my last birth story. It`s like the script from a Carry on Film! :rolleyes:

Lynn x
    So how many people are actually pregnant on here? Seems like there's loads of ya....hope it's not catching...:p :eek2:
    Originally posted by Faith
    So how many people are actually pregnant on here? Seems like there's loads of ya....hope it's not catching...:p :eek2:

Well there`s Molly, Tweety, me, and I`m sure there`s someone else.... Sarah something?

Any more for any more?
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Well there`s Molly, Tweety, me, and I`m sure there`s someone else.... Sarah something?

Any more for any more?

Yes there is another but i forget who! :confused:
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yes there is another but i forget who! :confused:

It`s xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    Yeah i'm pregnant too, due 20th of August :D Seems like he wants to come out now though. Keep feeling his little feet poking me in the side lol! I'm having a boy and calling him Daniel. Anyone chose any names yet?
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    I'm having a boy and calling him Daniel. Anyone chose any names yet?
    I would dearly love to call him Jay or Jake but as my boyfriend doesn't know it is a boy yet there might be a problem discussing it now! :)

I have spent this afternoon nattering so some fellow "inmates" as miffy called them so at least I know I am not alone!! :)
    James is good! Yeah, James. Did I say James?
    they say you might be in for 5 weeks, to prepare you for the worst, but in actual fact, youre only 2 weeks away from your due date, and with high bp, they probably wouldnt let you go too far over. When i went in at 35 weeks, they told me i would have to stay in till the baby was born, which could be 5 weeks or more, but i ended up going into labour a couple of days later!!
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    Anyone chose any names yet?

Yep Sophie & James :).
    Aww, James is gonna be his middle name. He's breech at the moment, hope he turns soon.
    Does anyone know of any good clothes shops? It's a nightmare trying to find clothes that fit. Mothercare have some clothes but they are too big! :(
    Sarah, you do know that you buy maternity clothes in your usual size?

Anyway, you could try Asda, Next, H&M, Dorothy Perkins, Formes; and a few online.

Vertbaudet

Blooming Marvellous

Jojo Maman Bebe

Hope you find what you`re looking for. Maternity clothes can be so crap!
    Thanks i'll have a look at them, I didn't know you bought them in your usual size, probably where i'm going wrong lol
    i know a fella who nearly made a girl pregnant. they werent even goin and it was a one nite stand sorta thing and he was absolutly shittin himself!:lol:
    I know a boy whos going to be a daddys, hes 18, hes was going around the other day saying "Im going to be a dadddy,safe sex lads".
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I know a boy whos going to be a daddys, hes 18, hes was going around the other day saying "Im going to be a dadddy,safe sex lads".

that's sad. I hope he gets a come down. Sounds like he's so showing off about it all.

Some people dont realise how difficult it can be to be a parent, but especially at such a young age. My daughter's biological father's a complete asshole, one minute he was claiming her, the next he claimed he didnt even know me... he just couldnt deal with it, and i know if not now, but one day, he'll be sitting in his home regretting that, because she's beautiful, and is going to make something of her life, and she doesnt need him, she has a perfect daddy as it is.

But I think, in a neutral position commenting here, part of the problem was that he was so young, i mean, thats every teenage father's problem isnt it??? A lot of them find it hard to accept, not only the responsibilty (ie job and money as well as parenting itself) but the stick they're gonna get from all their mates.

I find it disturbing that some of them find it so easy to take with a pinch of salt, and just walk away.
    It did seem like he was bragging about but then got all serious and said make sure yous have safe sex lads, yea if a person is young and has a child they aren't ready for, how are they going to support it,themselves and their gf/wife?They wont so abandon the girl and baby, if i got a girl pregnant i would leave her, i would stay with her.
    Originally posted by badabing
    But I think, in a neutral position commenting here, part of the problem was that he was so young, i mean, thats every teenage father's problem isnt it??? A lot of them find it hard to accept, not only the responsibilty (ie job and money as well as parenting itself) but the stick they're gonna get from all their mates.

I find it disturbing that some of them find it so easy to take with a pinch of salt, and just walk away.

I know a couple who've just had a baby a couple of months ago, both of them 15. They stayed together all through the pregnancy, and he really looked after her, and was so proud he was going to be a dad - not showing off or being a prat, genuinely proud. It was really nice to see them together, but they split up about a month after the baby was born - I think they agreed the pressure was too much, and it wasn't right for them to be arguing in front of their child. It was nice to see in a way - you'd never expect him to be the sort of person to take responsibility and stand by his girlfriend, but he did. It's nice to know that not all teenage blokes are too immature to deal with important issues.