Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

any help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know what the laws are regarding a group of 3 performing in bars in the Uk? Do they need anything, or is that just the events job? Also is there a age limit regarding working in bars etc?

Comments

• Options
    Hello

To answer your first question go here:
    Musician's Union

For your second:
    You have to be 18 or over to serve alcohol/ work BEHIND a bar, however I believe you can waitress and collect glasses from a younger age ... call
    WERAS Wages and Employment Rights Advice Service Helpline
    Telephone service for low paid workers, their advisers, employers etc. Offers information and advice on pay, employment rights, and benefits.
    Helpline: 0800 220823

Susie :)
  • Options
    Re: any help please
    Originally posted by bacardi
    does anyone know what the laws are regarding a group of 3 performing in bars in the Uk? Do they need anything, or is that just the events job? Also is there a age limit regarding working in bars etc?

Contact an Entertainment Agency. I go to Workingmens Clubs and most of the entertainers are booked through these Entertainment Agencies, some are on very good money obviously depending on how good they are.

Im in the North East and there are two that I know of which are Dave Carr Agency and Beverley Agency :)