Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

history/economics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey, im doing a history essay on the economic boom in the usa in the 1920s and im a bit confuddled about how the economy benefits from people investing in the stock market, is it just that the company has more money to produce more goods?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: history/economics
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    hey, im doing a history essay on the economic boom in the usa in the 1920s and im a bit confuddled about how the economy benefits from people investing in the stock market, is it just that the company has more money to produce more goods?

Not everyone benefied from the boom in the 1920s, the economy benefits from people investing in the stock market because people are making money and the companies are becoming richer and were able to mass produce goods and make alot of money, but people got too used to the market and started to invest too much money, ordinary americans were investing in the stock market,everyone was, eventually stock prices started to increase and people wanted to sell all their shares then the stock market collasped.
    cheers, you dont know anything about the introduction of prohibition do you?;)
    cheers, you dont know anything about the introduction of prohibition do you?;)
    Like what?
    done that essay now, two down, one to go next one is...dun dun derrrrr... in what ways did prohibition change society in the 1920's

im cursed, i love history but hate writing about it, damn the education board:rolleyes:
    done that essay now, two down, one to go next one is...dun dun derrrrr... in what ways did prohibition change society in the 1920's

im cursed, i love history but hate writing about it, damn the education board:rolleyes:

Prohibition changed the american society in many different ways, it taught americans disrespect for the law. Whenever it was first introduced it caused americans to drink more because it was illegal, the rise of speakeasies was increased massively...gangsters increased, gangster realted deaths increased,gangsters made ALOT of money, Al Capone being the main gangster, cops accepted bribes to turn a blind eye to alcohol trading but this led to others crimes being not looked at..aww i couldnt be bothered typing anymore, ill come on tommorow and edit this again.

Al capone was like a robin hood type figure to the community of Chicago, he provided many soup kitchens for the homelss in the time of the depression, what shocked the american people into a call for prohibition was the deaths of rival gangsters on St.Valentines day. You should check your local library out for more info on this one.
    Whats your other essay on?
    cheers, i dont really need that much help with this one, ive got pages of notes:rolleyes:

got science modules tomorow, hoping they'll go better than the french ones i muffed up today
    What was ur essay on anyway?
    Good luck with ur tests.
    its coursework on prohibition/society at that time

thanks for all your help

my exams went amazingly well, aced em!