Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

can you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can you get ill from drinking too much tap water? in the past 3 days i've drunk about 16 litres and my belly feels really strange, my friend said that you can get really ill cos its got all sorts of chemicals in it used to clean it that are alright in moderation. i wasn't sure weather to believe her or not cos i felt a bit naive just accepting it

i've always had to drink loads cos i had lots of problems with my kidneys a few years ago, but do you think im drinking too much?
(i know this should be in health, but i want a quick answer)

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your probably just bloated from drinking so much
    probably your system need more time to filter it etc so im sure it should be ok
    go to your doctor if your really worried tho
    Re: can you...
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    can you get ill from drinking too much tap water?

well of course you bloddy can ...it's water! what is wrong with you young people ...god invented water for washing things in. and for turning into wine of course ...oh and relaxing and swimming in and things.
    not for drinking you great pudding.
    It's said too much water is bad for you.
    Some guy died a few weeks ago from drink a load of water. They couldn't tell how much, but since then they have been saying be more weary about it.
    why the fuck did u drink 16 litres of water anyway?????
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    why the fuck did u drink 16 litres of water anyway?????
    probably mainlining the stuff by now ...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    probably mainlining the stuff by now ...

lol:lol::lol:
    I think too much of anything will kill you - even water - think of your kidneys having to process all that water - they're probably being overworked.

I you could probably kill yourself if you drunk too much water, go easy on the water. I think yesterday I drunk about 2 litres you're average more then 5.
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I think too much of anything will kill you - even water - think of your kidneys having to process all that water - they're probably being overworked.

I you could probably kill yourself if you drunk too much water, go easy on the water. I think yesterday I drunk about 2 litres you're average more then 5.
    they'll be selling little wraps of the stuff on the corner to you junkies in a bit ...do you have an orgasm when you pass close by to a car wash?
    Its gotta be a hell of a lot for serious problems. I drink thwe stuff all day & night everyday & i'm ok. Try and cut dowen a little if you are bloated. If you are getting rid of it too then there shouldn't be anything to wory about!
    maybe theres something in the water which has disagreed with you
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    maybe theres something in the water which has disagreed with you

No, they have always been friends. No reason for them to disagree.
    seriously you can kill yourself by drinking too much water. if your Kidneys cant get rid of it as fast as your putting it back in your brain swells up & has nowhere to go because its surrounded by bone. the pressure gets too much AND YOU DIE!!!
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    seriously you can kill yourself by drinking too much water. if your Kidneys cant get rid of it as fast as your putting it back in your brain swells up & has nowhere to go because its surrounded by bone. the pressure gets too much AND YOU DIE!!!

Scare the life out of her why don't you! Thats just too much to drink, thats probably what it is. You should be having around two litres a day and no more. If you still feel ill tomorow, go along to the doctors for some reasurance. If you feel so thirsty that you need to drink all that water, or you drink quite a lot normally, it might be worth talking to your doctor about a diabetes test as drinking lots and peeing lots are signs of that condition. If you don't usually drink that much and the feeling goes away, don't worry and stick to your two litres a day and you should be fine:)
    Ok OK so maybee that was a bit dramatic:blush: ! well a lot dramatic but i do know of (friend of a friend) that made themselves seriously ill that way. everyone was making a joke of it i was just trying to get the point across sorry if i scared you

mel**