Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

tipping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey,

im getting my hair cut at toni and guy next week, which will be the first time ive been to a hair dressers like this one...:D

anyway, i was wondering, am i supposed to tip the hairdresser?!:confused::)

also, does a consultation come with the price? how long will the consultation take?

im just wondering what to expect, so any input will be much appreciated :D

thanky;)

edited to say: im not having it coloured, just a cut!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't dream of tipping my haridresser, he charges me far too much just for trimming my hair but I tip the girl who washes and dries my hair (or more accurately my mum does because we go together and she is finished before me).

The consultation is free, don't worry.

the cut is going to cost about £36-£40 so im guessing, unless im really pleased with it, i wont bother tipping...

im a student- im poor!

(she says, paying that much for a hair cut:rolleyes: ;) )
    Good luck with Toni and Guy; anyone I know that has gone there has had a complete disaster with their haircut, and the prices are far too much for what it is.
    Do you not tip your hairdresser normally? I just give them £1 or the change, and don't tip the hairwasher, as my hair feels half full of shampoo even after they claim to have finished!
    I go to Toni & Guy and usually give them a couple of quid. They always seem pleased and I've been told before that most people don't tip them at all.

And also - I have never had a problem with Toni & Guy, I think they're better than anywhere else which is why I always go there!
    I really don't rate "chain" hairdressers like Saks and Toni & Guy. I go to an independent (his books are full, hehe) and having my hair cut by him is such a treat. It is one of my few girly indulgences to be honest. :)
    as I am a student tipping doesn't exist
    im a student, but i tip anway, only if it a £1 r so, its still a tip.
    i love the feeling of gettin money for doing your job :D
    on behalf of juniors everywhere please tip the girls that wash your hair (if their good of course), i get paid £2.50 an hour doing this so we pretty much rely on tips even if its only 50p
    usually the stylists at my place get about £3 each

ask if they split the tips
    £10 bloody pound for a blokes haircut!!its £4.00 here!
    My friends sister whos a hair dresser does my hair for me on the cheap which is great cos i get to stay in my friends house and its not so scary as the hairdressers! ive never actually tipped her though?i didnt know people tipped hairdressers?oh well mayb im just cheap:P
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    i love the feeling of gettin money for doing your job :D

dosent everyone!!
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    on behalf of juniors everywhere please tip the girls that wash your hair (if their good of course), i get paid £2.50 an hour doing this
    Why do you work for such little pay?

Why don't you find somewhere that will pay you more?

My parents wouldn't let me work for that much, it is slave labour girl, you are worth more than that!

The girl who washes my hair gets paid more that I do!!

You poor thing. :(
    im working there cos its the only place i could get a job and i wanted to have some referances before i get an NIS card and can get a proper job. its more about learning 'office politics' and stuff, i sort of enjoy it too, but dont tell my boss ;)
    that is, unless thesite want to employ me as a professional web surfer for more than 2.50 an hour:D
    I don't know how my hairdresser came into my life, but she's the only person to cut my hair, and like, let's say its 10 or so years (How old was I when I first has a trim? No idea!)

Anyway, because of this, it's £6 for me :) She comes to my house too. Hoorah! But - I get pretty much what I ask for for £6. Top banana!
    i got a £3 tip today just for washing some highlights off, thats more than ive got in tips in about 5 weeks:rolleyes:
    we have an independant hair dresser who used to own a top salon in london,

he's really cheap it he trimmed my ends and restyled it and did my roots the other day for a £7:D