Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what do i do now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm going on holiday next sunday and i have dyed blonde hair (no comments please). i have it done professionally ( costs me a bloody bomb), and the only appointment i could get was for 2 days before i go.

now i was worried about my colour lifting and my hair drying out because of the heat and sunlight, so i was considering not having it done, but my roots look shocking.

ive got to get it trimmed obviously, but i just don't know what to do about my colour. should i get it re dyed and constantly wear a hat during the day? because it's in very good condition.it's not dry or anything. or should i just get it cut and leave the scary roots? :nervous: its not like i have black roots or anything, its very dark blonde naturally.

oh god! damn my hair dresser for being so busy.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    get it done and get this stuff called beach blonde life preserver its a conditioning oil it protects coloured hair from the suns uv rays and pool and sea water which damage the hair, its marketed for blondes, but can be used on all coloured hair (even my dyed dark dark brown!)
    id say leave the roots if they dont look like a badger (u dont have black hair!) you dont want the hassle of dealing with newly highlighted hair when your on holiday!
    thanks. i'll try some of the beach blonde life preserver i think, and hiding under a hat to be on the safe side.

still pissed off with my hair dresser though...:mad:
    I had the exact same problem.

I've had my hair highlighted for about 3 years and I got fed up and dyed it back to my natural light brown but I've soooo bored with it. My hair looks so dull so I have decided to get it highlighted before I go on holiday.

My cousin works in a hairdressers and told me it wasn't a good idea to get them done so close to going on holiday. So I'm booked to mine done a week before I go.

If you do get then done, I suggest conditioning your hair really well and as you said wearing a hat.