Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bloated stomach

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I get this quite abit.. Feels like I've eaten 10 roast dinners in one go. Any thing I can take to make it go down??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think renee or whatever are good for indigestion.

are you eating to fast? that usually makes you feel quite bloated because you eat loads before your brain realises you are full:)
    go to the chemist or the doctor and they'll be able to sort you out
    If you drink lots of water (or anything else) during meals, you can get bloated. Not sure of the science, but I get that feeling sometimes.

Or you could be pregnant? :eek2:
    Originally posted by perfect***day

hehe!

no idea but i think being preggers might feel different than to being bloated:D:p
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    If you drink lots of water (or anything else) during meals, you can get bloated. Not sure of the science, but I get that feeling sometimes.

The water makes the food molecules expand.
    It lasts for about a week tho.. :/
    Or you could be pregnant?

:lol: That's not possible.
    Re: Bloated stomach
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I get this quite abit.. Feels like I've eaten 10 roast dinners in one go. Any thing I can take to make it go down??

Mate I`ve written the book on this one in my current condition.

One word for ya. Deflatine.

Works a treat, ask your chemist for it.
    Some people get this because they swallow lots of air as they eat - I think this happens for instance when you have a fluffy milkshake which is full of air bubbles.
    It could be down to a food that you're a bit sensitive to, like wheat or something. I get a really bloated stomach when I'm stressed out or nervous, but it also gives me stomach cramps and, to put it politely, wind! This is made worse cos I take anti-inflammatories every day, but it's basically a kind of irritable bowel thing - could be something to think about, depends if you get anything other than bloating.
    I think the chest pains and stomach thing are mainly to do with stress... I'll try that stuff what Miffy said about..:)