Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Very annoyed at lecturers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My friend hasn't handed any of her assignments in bar one yet. We've had 5 that we're supposed to have handed in. The assignment she has handed in was due in at the beginning of the spring term, so the start of January. She handed it in just before May whitsun break. And the teacher gave her a pass. The earliest assignment, due in at the end of the Winter term last year, she still hasn't handed in. The teacher for that unit is giving her until next Friday. She told her to "try" getting it in by then. Reasons my friend has given for this, is she has stuff going on at home and work. We all do. I do. But I have managed to get all of my assignments in and pass them immediately. After much stress on my part obviously, if you've read my journal at such times.

Another girl in my group, is also having trouble in her personal life. Now, instead of failing to hand in all of her units. She's handed in two of them. She took her time but she handed them in on the personal deadlines set by the teacher. She had to resubmit both pieces of work. And she was failed for both of them. On this course, you can only fail two units.

Is this fair?

I think not.

I am sickened and disgusted. Should I raise this with my lecturers?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thats the way things are, there always some kind of special treatment even when they say there isnt supposed to be....if you feel the urge to bring it up to the lecturer then feel free to do so, they'll probably fob you off with some lame ass excuse though.
    I know where you're coming from but in all honesty I think if you were to raise it with them then they might not look to kindly on it. After all, I would assume they would want you to be understanding etc because they probably don't know the full story.

I mean, you might know that these people aren't as bad off as they claim to be but your teachers are giving them the benefit of the doubt. I agree it isn't fair but just concentrate on your own work and I am sure all of this laziness will backfire on them in the end. :)
    Re: Very annoyed at lecturers
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    The teacher for that unit is giving her until next Friday. She told her to "try" getting it in by then. Reasons my friend has given for this, is she has stuff going on at home and work. We all do. I do. But I have managed to get all of my assignments in and pass them immediately. After much stress on my part obviously, if you've read my journal at such times.

It's really not your place to judge who does and does not need extra time. If your friend who failed wants to bring it up, then that is her business.
    I'd probably be a bit peeved, but at the end of the day, it's nothing to do with you what your lecturers decide for other students.