Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What things really anouy you about your job?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As i am a full time student im limited to crappy less than min wage slaes assistant jobs. As if the job alone wasnt bad enough there are soo many bloody anouying things about my job.

1: People who try to buy a paper with a £20 note. Or worse still a £50 note. YES I DID HAPPEN TO ME!!

2: How although i am wearing a ridiculus work t-shirt and refilling drinks into the cooler poeple will still have to ask me if i work here. I mean come on do they think i wear those clothes cause i like them and i think there really trendy and as a hobby i go round shops refilling there drinks for them! GRRRRR

3: 10 year old kids who get really pissy at you when you ask them for ID.

4: People who will ask you the price of something when it is clearly labelled on the item

5: People who wave a newspaper at you and expect you to know what newspaper it is

6: When you ask someone if they want anything else and they say no then as soon as you open the till they go "Oh, actually......"

7: People who think its ok to buy something that costs 50p with there card then get angry when you tell them there is a minimum they have to spend

8: People who come in to buy cigerettes but dont know what cigerettes they want

9: People who have a go at me because the prices in the shop i work at are too high!!!

Right now i've got that little rant out of they way i feal much better. Exept i have a whole day of work tomorrow but it will all be better when i get paid and head straight to the pub
:D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right now? Nothing...

:lol:
    boredom I hate not having much to do at all and I like to feel needed and kept busy
    1. Old people. They're all dead snobby and say stuff like "Do i have to queue just for my piece of toast/breakfast/toasted tea cake"

2. People who get all huffy when they have to wait in the cue

3. People who get angry or complain if we don't have the food they want.

4. People complain about not getting free stickers with the kiddies magasine even though they haven't brought the meal it comes free with.

5. People who take 50 packets of red sauce/brown sauce/salad cream when they only want one.

6. The hot plate is too hot to stay behind for ages

7.... but it doesn't always keep the food warm.

8. I'm crap at frying eggs
    1:Old people.
    2:People who seem to always be in a hurry whenever they are waiting in the line,ie-giving you dirty looks whenever putting money on someone's mobile.
    3:Having no change in the till and having to go in the back whilst having the whole line of customers stare at you.
    Nothing else yet,but im sure there will be something else that will annoy me soon.
    i really hated it when they made me go to work... bastards.
    Rich people that come in and expect to pay £20 or less and get a decent bouquet, then moan when there aren't enough flowers in it. And then they roar off in a Rolls Royce :mad:
    People with no mechanical knowlage at all who think that they know better Then the mechanics working on their car. Silly buggers. :D
    There isn't a lot that bothers me about work, except for the slightly longer hours (42/week). As the workload is always busy, fill that time well. Ocassionally, you get a 3-hour slack period and then the next day is hell. That sort of thing is all down to chance and it is annoying.
    advertising sales people :mad:
    1. People who complain about the price of their food. You're in a holiday resort - expect to pay more, idiot. Do you really think that I can just knock a fiver off your bill because you bitched?

2. Children with no table manners whatsoever when they should be able to at least not drop food on the floor. It's so fun to pick up half-eaten sausages, beans and peas. Two-year-olds? Babies? Have an excuse - they're too young. 7 year olds? Jesus.

3. People who click their fingers to get my attention. What do you think I am? A dog?
    I work in the NHS.

What do I hate about my job? The Media and Politicans thinking that they know better than anyone about how to improve the services we offer and at the same time their constant bad mouthing of what we achieve every day...
    I hate cleaing the ham machine but has to be done
    the cleaning, the cheeky assed customers who think you have nothing better to do then be shouted at by them and having fuck all to do
    Ignorant customers :mad:
    People who take tired email forwards and try to pass them off as their own ideas :p
    1) People who ask me to go to the stock room for a diffferent size shoes, I go, I come back. They want another style. And Another, and another, and another, ad nauseam

2) Women who tease me by coming in in a revealing bikini then bending over to look at things and turning me on so I can't come out from behind the counter :mad:

3) Not being able to nip over to the bar next-door every ten mins....:cool:
    1) People have get impatient after queuing for more than 30 seconds. This is a shop - you have to queue.

2) People who insist the price is wrong. If it isn't they complain it's too expsensive anyway. If it is wrong - fine I'll alter it for you, but it's only a difference of one pence.

3) People who assume you're stupid because you're just a till girl. Look I only work at weekends - I don't know where everything is in the shop nor do I care hence why I can't tell you. I'm not stupid, I'm earning money to go to university.

4) People who put their credit cards down and when you say the amount they just point to the card. It's so fucking rude!!! Just give me your card politely. :mad:

5) People who are unnecessarily rude. Go complain about something somewhere else.

6) People who get pissed off when due to the fact they've not looked after their credit card and it's all messed-up it has to go through manually and they have to sign a security credit slip "I'm not signing that - you've entered the amount twice, you'll over charge me!" No, it blatantly says 'For security purposes only - cannot be used for banking.' You stupid, ignorant twat.

Oh well at least I get paid for being pissed off.
    1. Every customer seems to want fags, so I have to spend ages searching for the right pack as I don't smoke.
    2. Every customer seems to buy booze so I have to annoy my supervisor by asking for a special code to allow it as I'm under 18.
    3. I work evenings so I get drunks and teenage yobs and smelly people.
    4. Customers walking out of the shop in a huff because a queue took too long for them.
    5. People rambling the packet of fags they want and expecting you to know exactly which one it is.
    6. Customers wanting 10 quid on their electric card, five on their gas, chocolate bar, vodka, lottery ticket, scratch card and 40 Richmond.

Ah I'm grateful for having a job really :p