Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

peeing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im 16 female and a virgin (not sure if relevant!)

last night i wet the bed. im so ashamed, ive never done that since i was a baby, and i have no idea why i did last night. Before goin to bed i went to the gym and then had a drink b4 i went to bed. (thats usual)Any one got any idea why i did it?

Comments

• Options
    peeing

If you have a urine infection this can causing wetting urself or if your bladder muscles have become weak. I suggest you speak to your doctor especially if you continue to have this problem good Luck hope this helps. :D
  • Options
    how would my bladder muscles become weak???
  • Options
    it can happen if ur scared of summat, my mum apparently got it a while back and it also happened wen i was about 12.
  • Options
    thanks..but i was asleep, i wasnt scared! thins is just strange and usual for me!
  • Options
    Peeing

You bladder muscles may become weak if your bladder isn't holding as much urine as it usually does, due to it not functioning properly for some reason. I had this problem for a while.
  • Options
    Go to your doctor and get the problem checked and sorted out, its for your own good.
  • Options
    thanks all.
  • Options
    it could just be that you were too in too deep a sleep to be woken up by the need to go for a piss!!
    its usualy nothing to worry about especailly if its only the once

and dont be ashamed ok!? :)
  • Options
    Depends how often you do it.

If it was just after you drank loads then, its pretty obvious you need to either, drink less before you go to bed, or drink earlier.

I used to have to get up at 2am just to go for a piss. It was bloody annoying since i'm one of those insomniacs. All i do now is drink at least 30-45 mins before bed and then go to the loo beforehand.

If its a more regular problem, it may be a weak bladder. One thing you could do is see a doctor. And try those pc muscle excersices. They also improve your sexlife too.:p
  • Options
    have you been more thirsty than normal? or been really lathargic?
  • Options
    You could have a urine infection I had one of them a while back and did the same as you. You really should get it checked out, they just do a simple urine test while you wait and give you anti biotics if you have an infection. If you have a uf and leave it apparently it can become a bladder infection and then a kidney infection, which is quite serious. It might be nothing of course but best to get it checked out for your own peace of mind!