Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Freshers' Week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey all

I've just been involved in a committee for Freshers' Week at my college next term, and wanted to ask any of you who will be first years in September what you'd like to do in your first week at uni if you could choose
(also - anyone who's been though a freshers' week - what was fun and what didn't work?)

Thank you in advance for your wonderful ideas
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Okay, I know generally what a Fresher's Week is - where you all settle into university life - but what kind of things actually happen at them. (For someone who is starting in October.) :confused:
    I guess I would just want to do stuff that just gets people talking, because once somebody has made the first move in talking im fine, its just making the first move that I struggle with. And maybe getting an idea of the way round the place? Just the important bits though of course- 3 legged pub crawl round the studenty pubs? ;)

But as Kevlar said, I only have a vague idea of what actually occurs at them, being about to experience my own in september... Ive been told theyre fun, and to be sure not to miss it. But other than that...
    Yeah, I'd like to do stuff that got everyone talking, and not things that would make you feel uncomfortable and awkward! I'm so scared of going to uni and not knowing anyone! ;)
    What exactly goes on at Fresher week?
    isnt it were you just all go out and get pissed?? havent a clue. im intriqued to find out.