Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job hunting! Ahhhh!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I dont want to work, I'm happy as I am, I dont want to whore myself!
I'd be a good worker, I'm reasonably smart etc, but I cant get over the bull shit you have to say, I'm interested in your position... blah blah.

Why cant I just say, I'm smart, I'll work reasonably hard, please dont make me beg. It humiliating.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm about to embark on a tour of recruitment agencies in a moment.

I can never really get over the bullshit either... :/

Best of luck :)
    Its nice when you get drunk with ya parents and ya dad's boss... you get offered a job without any of the bullshit... :)
    Thas about the only advantage... Oh, and free drinks :)
    I fucking hate going to interviews. It's bullshit from start to finish.

I remember the interview for the job im in now. They told me how well run the company is, how established they were blah, blah, blah. They couln't organise a piss up in a pub. Not good when you have clients on your back 24/7.

But I remember when I just left school, I got knocked back from a couple interviews and I thought fuck it, im not putting on a show or bigging myself up anymore. So im just myself now, no bull, just tell them like it is.

I wanna get a job in a shop or something though. No stress. Bliss. :cool:
    Interviews are shit, but i bet ya if u went into an interview and said to the employer: I'm smart, I'll work reasonably hard, please dont make me beg. It humiliating.

Then they would see you just want money and you are willing to do the work for it, thus employing you, dont quote me on this as i have never done it before.
    You always tend to go serious when you are in the room looking for the job.
    I went for an interview at V.Shop back in November for a temporary Xmas job and she asked me "What has been your greatest achievement in life so far?" and such stupid questions. I mean fair enough if I was applying for some sort of full time high powered lawyers job or something but I don't think they need to ask such stupid questions if you're only going to be working there a couple of hours a week!

Good luck with your job hunting anyway.
    Cheers everyone, I'm looking into whether I can get a job with GCHQ or the secret service so I can listen into all your phone/text/emails.
    hahhahahahahahahahah!
    I think a detective job would be fun...solving crimes and whatnot.;)
    I recently went for a job interview and I have to say it was the easiest one I've had! I went in and had to sit at a huuuuuge table and was expecting to be asked all sorts, but all the lady did was tell me about the company, what they do, what the pay's like etc. I wasn't asked a thing. And better still, I got offered the job and I start next week!

Before that interview I did have one for a doctor's sugery, where they asked me the usual like why I wanted the job and what my strengths and weaknesses were. I found that quite tough. In interviews I always put on my best clothes and make sure I look dead smart, but they offered the job to someone in a tracksuit!

My advice is to just be yourself, look them in the eye when you're talking and try to have a laugh with them lol.
    ive only ever tried for one job, had the interview and got it :D its cos im amazing
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Job hunting! Ahhhh!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Why cant I just say, I'm smart, I'll work reasonably hard, please dont make me beg. It humiliating.

Just do a Spud out of trainspotting! :p
    Weekender Offender 
    Re: Re: Job hunting! Ahhhh!
    Originally posted by Skive
    Just do a Spud out of trainspotting! :p

Haha.....'my pleasure is erm..others peoples ....leisure.'

'Would you say you had any faults?'

'No,no. Well, yes. I'm a bit of a perfectionise actually.'

Quality!

:D
    Sure sounds tempting, but if I'm going for a job with the civil service they might bust my ass mid-way through the interview.
    Re: Re: Re: Job hunting! Ahhhh!
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Haha.....'my pleasure is erm..others peoples ....leisure.'

'Would you say you had any faults?'

'No,no. Well, yes. I'm a bit of a perfectionise actually.'

Quality!

:D

Brilliant :lol:
    For the job im in at the moment I had to fly home from Spain where i was working during the week !

5:55 flight from Madrid to Luton, interview at 1 get back on flight at 8 ish & had to bury all the flights in amongst my expenses! then i flew home for the weekend Friday !

Worst bit was the second interview... had to do exactley the same thing & the second interview consisted of a 10 min general chat with a manager that i had not seen the previous time....!