Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A2 History Coursework

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
eek it doesnt have to be written up til march next year but where starting now. We can do it on ANYTHING. Thing is my choices seem to be obscure, ive tried searching the web but all it comes up with is uni sites. Can anyone help me find info on any one of the following:

Medival Wales

Post World War 2 Germany

Irish Potato Famine

Bolshevick Russia

sorry im just trying to keep it open here at the moment!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Post WW2 German history is fascinating...

there's the obvious stuff like the Cold War, Berlin Blockade, building of Berlin War (people's attempts to get past it), establishment of the DDR (politics, everyday life there, Stasi, FDJ...)

then there's the immediate post war issues - involvement of GIs with German women (and their resulting kids - although difficult to research, especially as much of its auf Deutsch), refugees from East Prussia etc., the economic situation (currency reform in 1948) blah blah blah

That's a bit of food for thought!
    I would think Post Germany after ww2 would be interesting enough to do and its easy to get information on.

Good luck, what was history like at as level as i hope to take it on next year.
    Thank you

im definatly going towards post war germany now i think....

AS Level history was alright i think, i did a sources paper on Russia in Revolution, and essays paper on the Rise of Fascism in Italy and a mix on Nazi Germany 1933 - 1939. Im worried about the idea of having to type up a 4000 word essay in 4 hours, im a slow typer!
    Re: Thank you
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    im definatly going towards post war germany now i think....

AS Level history was alright i think, i did a sources paper on Russia in Revolution, and essays paper on the Rise of Fascism in Italy and a mix on Nazi Germany 1933 - 1939. Im worried about the idea of having to type up a 4000 word essay in 4 hours, im a slow typer!

Sounds good,very interesting.

Do you plan to do anything at Uni with History or even go to University?

If your very slow get someone else to type it or else get yourself one of them programs where u talk to the computer through a microphone and the computer types it for you, the only boring part is at the start, you have to give the computer a match of ur voice by reading ALOT of words into the computer.
    i was thinking of doing history at uni, but i think now id much rather do politics. I may see if i could do a mix though.

The essay will just be typing, under supervision of teachers
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    i was thinking of doing history at uni, but i think now id much rather do politics. I may see if i could do a mix though.

The essay will just be typing, under supervision of teachers

Learn to type quick before then...
    Bolshevick Russia

That is what I would do! I loved studying Russia! :)
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Bolshevick Russia

That is what I would do! I loved studying Russia! :)

Why?