Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Internships/Summer Placements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody here at uni have one lined up? I wasnt aware of them really until now but all the deadlines have passed! I see you can get the at big companies like Shell, Barclays etc and they all seem to be linked to their graduate schemes.

Now Ive just done my second year and was hoping to get on one of these schemes when I graduate but seemingly my prospects are looking a lot dimmer if Im working part time at a supermarket all summer when future job candidates are working for big firms getting to know what really goes on in there! :(

I really wish Id known more about them before now. I mean I dont even know anybody on them or anything but its going to be hard enough getting a job after uni so things like that could have boosted my CV loads but I guess it doesnt matter now.......

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You may eb able to create a placement year position with a smaller company - see our article about placement years

Susie :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm doing a marketing placement for a website in Newcastle at the moment. Its ok but I wish I'd just gone straight on to final year.

Try taking a look atthis site