Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nottingham Uni Accomodation Info (2003)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey all,

Just to say that anyone who is going to University of Nottingham in September can fill out their accomodation requests online.

I don't know if this applies to people who have Nottingham as their second choice or not, try it and see!

You'll need your UCAS number and use your birthdate as your password.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/

The above link will take you to the page that explains all the accomodation types and also allows you to fill in the online form.

Hope that's of use to someone! Would be good to hear from anyone that's going to Nottingham this year...

~.NK~
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm hopefully going to Nottingham in 2004. Was gonna go in 2003 but decided I wanted a gap year..still don't know what I'm gonna do though!
    Because I changed my entry year, they've extended my deadline for choosing my final choices, so I haven't sent it off yet. I was wondering though, if I'm having a gap year, whether I have to fill out the accomodation stuff this year? Surely they'll just send it to me next year? I'm not sure.
    I've been up to Nottingham and had a look around but I can't remember the best accomodation halls. Gonna have a look at that link you posted... thanks :)

.NK..what you going to study at Nottingham? Have you chosen your accomodation yet?
  • Options
    Hey Pink,

The uni's just sent me some blurb through the post in order to choose accomodation, so if you haven't got it then I guess you won't need to fill out your accomodation choices till next year!

I'm studying psychology if I get the right grades. If not, I'll be studying the same course at Leicester (which is barely any distance away...!)

A lot of people in my year have applied to Nottingham and they have had to put down up to five choices of halls for University Park, so you might not get your first choice for catered (unless you're applying for a course at Jubilee or Sutton Bonnington campus)

Best of luck during your gap year, would be nice to hear which course you decide to do! :)

~.NK.~
  • Options
    Hey..I've applied to do Psychology at Nottingham too :)
    Gotta get ABB though. Have you been to have a look round Notthingham? I went to one of their Psychology open days, it's all girls though doing Psychology! :mad:
  • Options
    I just want to say good luck to all those taking exams to get into uni
  • Options
    Originally posted by .NK
    A lot of people in my year have applied to Nottingham and they have had to put down up to five choices of halls for University Park, so you might not get your first choice for catered (unless you're applying for a course at Jubilee or Sutton Bonnington campus)

Heh, for the UEA accomodation thing, you have a list of every single type of accomodation they have and you just have to write the order in which you want to be in them, so it's something like 8 choices!
  • Options
    Eeek at UEA! Good I guess if you can't make up your mind though...

Pink, I've been to look round Nottingham a couple of times. I went in the summer just to look around the campus cos it's open all year even though the buildings are closed. I went on one of the visit days just for psychology this year, as you said, there were like two boys for the fifty or so girls there! :yeees: (I think my boyfriend's quite pleased about that!) Really wanted to look at the accommodation, but didn't get a chance to :(

When I looked round Newcastle they told me that for their formals they join up with the mechanical engineering department because they have the same ratio of girls to boys as psychology has for boys to girls....

I need to get ABB too, excluding general studies. I guess it's not too bad; I know medicine at Nottingham is AAA so it could be worse!

Have you decided what to do in your gap year? I went to work in France during half term and I was going to go back and do that for a year, but decided that I was looking forward to uni too much.

Good luck in your exams,

~.NK~
  • Options
    Originally posted by .NK
    When I looked round Newcastle they told me that for their formals they join up with the mechanical engineering department because they have the same ratio of girls to boys as psychology has for boys to girls....

Have you decided what to do in your gap year? I went to work in France during half term and I was going to go back and do that for a year, but decided that I was looking forward to uni too much.

Yeah at Nottingham they join up with the Engineering students as well.
    Still don't know what I'm doing in my gap year..gonna get through my exams then think about it.
    Good luck in your exams too :)
  • Options
    Yeah at Nottingham they join up with the Engineering students as well.

Good! Was beginning to imagine the formals as a hundred or so girls and only three boys...!

I'm going to look round Nottingham again in the summer if I get a place(I live close to the city)....it's a good excuse to go shopping at least!

Which A-levels are you doing for your place? I'm doing English language, biology and ICT. I have to do general studies as well but it doesn't count towards my grades to get in...a little unfair as I feel it's the only subject I can do confidently!
  • Options
    I ordered a prospectus for going to Nottingham in 2004, might apply to be a Hall steward person so i might see you there..........:)
  • Options
    So many people going to Nottingham! Yay!

But you're at Sheffield at the moment...are you taking on a post graduate course at Notts or just changing unis?

What's Sheffield like as a uni? My sister's thinking about going there for medicine in a year's time.
  • Options
    I might be Mastering at Nottingham but I am considering other unis as well, never know..........

Sheffield is a very good university, don't know much about medicine in paricular but the general facilties are good, the Su is very good and the city is a good place to live so generally I recommend it...............:)