Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fao Mods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Why on a night does The Site always run slow from about 7 ish till 7:45 ish ?

On a night at this time it can take 5 mins for a page to load, so anyway why is this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your not the first to bring this up Becks (Vicky moans about it every night :rolleyes: ) but as of yet there has been no response from the mods. My guess is they're running some kinda backup or report software that slows their servers down. If so, make more sense to run it an a more unsociable hour. :p
    Nothing going on at that time our end, so it's just you lot pounding the server :)
    Is it possible for you to get stats on how many hits per minute/hour your getting. I wouldn't have thought that the hit rate would climb that many more times than say during the day. Especially at the weekends? What are the busiest times? Every night between 7 & 8? I'm not having a go at your answer/response I'm just curious.
    stop being so nosy :p
    Originally posted by Susie
    stop being so nosy :p

Sounds like you'se got something to hide :p:D
    Originally posted by Susie
    Nothing going on at that time our end, so it's just you lot pounding the server :)

Its just so strange that its the same every night, I even have broadband now and its still the same.

Tell you what how about doing a bit of overtime tonight and just try for yourself? or Claire or Dom :p