Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Radiohead...but WHY?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Running close behind my Livejournals..but WHY post I really want to know why anyone would want to listen to raidohead.

The singers voice drones on and on and its so depressing. I heard him interviewed on Radio 4 and the interviewer described the new album as "challenging" surely this just means its unlistenable.

I'm all for free speach and all that but I fail to see anything what so ever of merit in Radioheads music.

No offence.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't really listen to radiohead personally, but my sister does. She loves them because she thinks the lyrics are totally amazing and they're one of the only bands she can relate to. She also likes the fact that it's chilled out.
    I hate Radiohead. They piss me off. Everyone I know who likes them goes on about the meaningful lyrics and so on, but I just find it boring and unlistenable, as you said badabing.

Doesn't help that the biggest Radiohead fan I know is one of my neighbours and my friend's ex, who I can't stand.
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Doesn't help that the biggest Radiohead fan I know is one of my neighbours and my friend's ex, who I can't stand.
    :lol: Mhmm.
    They're just really slow and depressing - some people like that kind of thing, but I really prefer slightly more lively/upbeat music, or at least something with a bit more substance - Radiohead is quite watery and 'nothingy'.
    I like Radiohead. Pablo Honey and The Bends have some more "upbeat" songs on. The lyrics are interesting and contain meaning if you wish to interpret it so. I admit it can be depressing sometimes, but sometimes it fits how you're feeling.
    lets face it, Muse have rendered Radiohead's new stuff obsolete.

The Bends and OK Computer are v. v. v. good albums tho
    Secretly swap their Radiohead cd for some Megadeth.

Hahahaaaaaa
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I really prefer slightly more lively/upbeat music, or at least something with a bit more substance - Radiohead is quite watery and 'nothingy'.

And what, pray tell, do you listen to that has more substance than Radiohead? It's called putting your heart and soul into your music. They aren't my absolute favourite band, but they're up there. I don't get why some people want to listen to cheesy, happy music all the time. Are you happy all the time?
    i feel stereotyping about to begin on this thread, the 'you like depressing music, you must want to kill yourself'/'you like happy preppy pop music, you must be cracking E's and only like it for the looks of people' kind

can we just settle it now with a radiohead may seem depressing, but to some the lyrics have meaning, and although they may not be to some peoples taste, we cant be music nazis, so each to his/her own?

(check me being peacekeeper:D )
    yeah i dont like radiohead either! there one of those bands that all the "hip" dj's on the radio are like, "oh this is radioheads new single, its just so divine, so perfect, so beautiful, blah blah blah" and then it comes on and its crap!does my nut in!
    em....all radioheads songs arnt depressing......., me likes the new single cuz it sounds nice:D tisnt beautifull but..it sounds nice!!!!! Listening to Radiohead never made me feel depressed?:eek2:
    I like Radiohead.

Sometimes.

They're one of those bands I've got to be in the right mood for I think. I love the song 'Creep' though, it's fantastic.

I'm going to see them in November. :D
    I love Radiohead...have done for years! You should all go and listen to The Bends NOW! My favourite album ever! Street Spirit...depressing but good! The Bends....good and not depressing! :rolleyes: ;)