Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ear infection?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just been down the docs to see about 'coz I've been gettin' dizzy hell of a bad so she gave me some Prochlorperazine Maleate as she reckons it's an ear infection. Any idea how quick these pills work?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Ear infection?
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Just been down the docs to see about 'coz I've been gettin' dizzy hell of a bad so she gave me some Prochlorperazine Maleate as she reckons it's an ear infection. Any idea how quick these pills work?

got this off the web

What is prochlorperazine maleate?

Prochlorperazine maleate is the active substance in Buccastem used in the symptomatic treatment of vertigo due to Meniere's Disease, Labyrinthitis and other causes. For nausea and vomiting from whatever cause

more info below...
    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Prochlorperazine+Maleate&sa=N&tab=ig
    I would have thought that the packaging would tell you

the main thing here though is if they work and hopefully they will sort your problem out if not go back to the doctors
    I used to get ear infections all the time. Mainly to blame was a broken ear drum. An operation fixed this when I was 13 and in the last ten years, I've only had one infection.

In my case, the doctor prescribed ear drops which I put in my ear before bedtime and stick cotten wool on the ear to stop the drops coming out. An ear infection lasts about a week.