Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

reasons for taking Ketamine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yooohooooo! I'd like to ask all you ketamine users out there (from one timers to regular K-ers) about reasons for taking ketamine at any given time.

For example, do you take it to come down or relax? to compliment other drugs? to have a shag? to more fully enjoy a tin of ravioli? :eek2: ..whatever?

I'm gathering these reasons to form part of a questionnare for a study in my PhD, which is on ketamine.

I'd also like to hear if anyone has had any problems which they associate with ketamine use...
:confused: :nervous:

oh yes and ALSO... if anyone fancies taking part as a participant in one of my studies just get in touch :Dfleur@uel.ac.uk

ta!xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: reasons for taking Ketamine

I've used it before but I didnt like the feeling that I was outside of my body. I felt physically detached from myself. I may try it again but it would have to be in a calm, safe environment.
    I tried it out of curiosity first time was in a club, I just had a key put under my nose by a mate when I was fucked.

Times after that did it on the pill comedowns, its cheap too.
    i try it once did'nt like it make my eyes drop tears but it was ok the syptoms i mean but i guess i just to addicted to coke
    I used to use it on a semi regular basis, just bumps really, I didnt ever do a proper k-hole as it were.
    I quite liked it but I could always leave it if I wanted to, I never really loved it as such. When I was doing base every day it was nice of an evening to have a couple of bumps and then float round the neighborhood for a evening stroll.

I knew an importer too, he had a licence and everything, but then he got skanked and doesnt do it anymore, not since China clamped down, you cant get the salt from there anymore.
    Its preaty rare in London now a days really, only about in the sqwat parties, and then its virtualy always in liquid form from India.

If it was about I'd do it again, I've not seen it for over a year though.

Whats the focus of you paper, effects, use patterns, addiction?
    Me and my mates just take it when were bored on a weekend. It makes quite a chnage from our usual drugs but a bit nasty on the nose and makes me feal like i got a cold. Once three of us filled a whole bin with tissue :D
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Whats the focus of you paper, effects, use patterns, addiction?

I'm focusing on use-patterns and effects for different individuals, though i suspect that this might be connected with the likelihood of dependency.

Hey! I know! why don't you come along and find out! :yes:

thanks to others who have already contributed. keep em coming!
    What does it involve? as I mentioned I havent touched ket for about two years, and really dont have the desire, or source to do it again.
    It doesn't involve taking anything, as the research is looking at past use.

My current study takes about an hour here at the University of East London in Stratford, and involves short questionnaires on drug use history, and on mood, and a simple physiological measure of eye-blink response.

I can give you 5 pounds to cover your travel expenses. And all the data is kept strictly confidential.

So that's about it. if you'd like to come, or you know anyone else who might, you could e-mail me (fleur@uel.ac.uk) or phone (0208 249 095). And that'd be GREAT!

it'd be interesting o talk more to people about use in England too as i've been in Spain for 4 years where i think K has a different reputation and user-groups.
    my reasons are occasionly I want to get way outa my tree...its an escape...in clubs I take it cos it makes me feel good and when I dance it feels bette. I used to be bad-is on it, where I had about 4-5 grams on a weekend...I know people who have it all day and even at work. Where I live its really popular and its cheap. However I grew out of it and now its occasional.
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    my reasons are occasionly I want to get way outa my tree...its an escape...in clubs I take it cos it makes me feel good and when I dance it feels bette. I used to be bad-is on it, where I had about 4-5 grams on a weekend...I know people who have it all day and even at work. Where I live its really popular and its cheap. However I grew out of it and now its occasional.

vinylvicky does drugs..... im shocked!

seriously had no idea... im so dense! :rolleyes:
    My first thought was that four or five grams sounds a lot but tolerance builds preaty quickly with ket. I could always get what I wanted from a bump or two but mates would snort foot long lines.
    I've only ever tried it once, never bought it, my mate had some once and gave some to me. I liked it, tried walking and nearly fell over, it kind of felt like I had about 6 inch of pins and needles under my feet. Weird feeling but I've only had it once so its a bit of a vague memory. It was one dinnertime I took it when I was totally straight headed so I wouldn't know how it would feel whilst mashed on anything else.
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    It was one dinnertime I took it when I was totally straight headed so I wouldn't know how it would feel whilst mashed on anything else.

Yeah, this is another thing that I'm interested in looking at .... (ah! there are too many) drug combination effects :

are people using K primarily in conjunction with other drugs? and which ones and for what effects?

I heard from one participant of recurring depression after using and then found this participant took SSRIs. This is strange as K has been found to have some anti-depressant effects in clinical cases. It could be that what's already zooming round the bloodstream could alter experience drastically...
    Anyone else had a similar experience?
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    vinylvicky does drugs..... im shocked!

seriously had no idea... im so dense! :rolleyes:
    Really? Thought people would have guessed by my name! ive dablled for about 8 yrs now!!!

me not do drugs...never heard of that before!
    My first thought was that four or five grams sounds a lot but tolerance builds preaty quickly with ket. I could always get what I wanted from a bump or two but mates would snort foot long lines.

yeah it does!!! especially when your doing over stuff at the same time
    Originally posted by fleuriebee
    if you'd like to come, or you know anyone else who might, you could e-mail me (fleur@uel.ac.uk) or phone (0208 249 095). And that'd be GREAT!

Soorrry. This is complete bollocks.
    if you'd be interested in participating, you can call me on 0208 223 4556/4951 or mail fleur@uel.ac.uk
    :blush:
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Really? Thought people would have guessed by my name! ive dablled for about 8 yrs now!!!

me not do drugs...never heard of that before!

:lol: .. im just a ditz
    I used to use ket mainly after I'd been doing speed all day, not really to combat the comedown, just really because it was there and why not.
    I've also used it with acid a couple of times, thats just wierd, even in preaty small doses.
    It goes quite well with MDMA too, but you do loose the empathy feeling and just feel out of it really.

I have had it with 2c-t-7, but seeing as that chemical did nothing for me I guess you could say that wasnt really a combo as such.

I've also used it with acid a couple of times, thats just wierd, even in preaty small doses.

:yes: And with mushrooms