Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

WHAT!!! - it can't be!

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Perhaps some of those 2,000 tonnes of chemical and biological weapons they've just found buried in an army base near Washington, of which no-one had knowledge.

Is this a statement for effect Al or have i missed yet further revelations?

If so, source please?
    I don't think they would plant anything for two reasons:

#1 My impression of the Bush gang is that they don't care about world opinion...unlike Clinton and Gore.

#2 Americans are happy Saddam is out. The WMD issue isn't even strong enough for the Democrats to pick up as an election issue. They're switching to offering universal health benefits to the elderly.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Is this a statement for effect Al or have i missed yet further revelations?

If so, source please?

Oh I thought you'd have heard mate. This is vintage!

US unearths WMDs at last!

Methinks there is a much greater danger of America's WMDs falling into the hands of terrorists than Iraq's ever were! :lol:

pnj, you might be right about the US government not ultimately caring about world opinion. They might still come up with something if Blair's position is endangered, or if public opinion in the US was to change.
    Actually pnj, whilst perhaps giving the impression that they do not care, there are members of Bush's cabinet who have the political insight to know that what the public may be content to shrug off today can become a vital issue later, especially if other failures of the administration are given more air time closer to election time.

Moreover, those you might be gulled into believing are in Washington's back pocket might themselves turn face as their impending ousting from office draws nigh, leaving Washington and the country by extension increasingly isolated on the world stage. Such isolation could and would exacerbate the economic decline in the US and that would indeed turn public opinion sharply downwards.

Given all the other issues the Bush admin has wrapped in a cloak of secrecy together with its pentagon cronies, I have little trouble believing that when push comes to shove they would simply plant evidence to save their political butts. With no independent third parties on the ground to verify one way or the other, they can do as they please fully expecting gullible US citizens to accept their sensational find as truth without question.

No doubt such contingencies have been well planned out behind closed doors long in advance.
    That's nothing. They might be backing the same radicals in Iran that Saddam was backing to try to over-throw the 100 clerics in charge of Iran. The group Bush would be backing is also on the US list of terrorist organizations. So confusing.:crazyeyes
    Thanks for that Al. No, i hadnt had time to see the news.

Just wonder how many lies and hypocrisies have to pile up before the nation turns its guns on these bastards and launches a full scale investigation into everything they've been hiding from the public.
    Would you beleive it Clan, they have been listening to you

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2958138.stm
    Well, ill believe that my countrymen are waking up to the corruption and lies of this administration and its betrayal of the nation when the Congress makes known the scale of the Bush camp's misdeeds to the public and the impeachment proceedings begin.

Much remains to be seen.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    To stop the rape of women and the torture of men, women and children? Naw. Why would the peace movement care about that?

yea as if you care that women were raped and men tortured, u still got ur dinner at the rite time, it's hardly as though u were losing sleep over the fact that thousands of iraqis were being slaughtered,
    FAKE EMPATHY thats all i can say
    #2 Americans are happy Saddam is out.

Please just tell me how Saddam was directly harming Americans,i do firmly believe that Americans now are brainwashed,why listen to bush anymore,stop this pathetic excuse for a leader:rolleyes:
    Maybe Sadamm had something to do with sending chemicals to London but was it America?
    To stop the rape of women and the torture of men, women and children? Naw. Why would the peace movement care about that?

Don't forget Vietnam,american soliders raped young women and children in the jungle,what do u say to this?
    Shogun, American mercs contracted from DynCorp (a super secretive military contractor used in Bsonia by the US gov and now again to protect Karzai in Kabul) were buying and selling women into prostitution in Bosnia when they were there in the mop up after US regular forces pulled out.

The sheer attrocity of it all is that whilst reports of these practices reached Congress, neither DynCorp nor the mercs involved were indicted for any war crimes.

Just goes to show the corrupt and unaccountable cushy relationship which exists between US military contractors and the government. They can get away with anything around the globe and the public is kept blissfully ignorant of it all thanks to a compliant corporate media.