Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acne, its bad i hate my skin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive had it really badly for 7 years coming on 8 and the only good thing is that all my above skin ones are gone its all to do with whats in my blood , what should i do to purify my blood i tried drinking loadsve water and i hate it and im addicted to coke (cola) what can i do :( its upsetting. The only reason its not gettin me down as much as usual is cos my beautiful girlfriend always makes me feel great looking anyway. But when shes not here it plays on my mind. What can i do to fix it?

sorry for ramblin on

ps. Led Zeppelin kick ass, i got the new DVD it rules.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you read the other threads on here, lots of ino about acne.

See you doctor if you haven't - they can prescribe stuff

Look into taking vitamins and Zinc supplements.
    my doctor gave me tablets they made it worse, vitimains dont work and i get nauseaus(sp?) when i take zinc. bugger thanx neway
    i did search but it deemed useless
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    my doctor gave me tablets they made it worse, vitimains dont work and i get nauseaus(sp?) when i take zinc. bugger thanx neway
    i did search but it deemed useless

The trouble with acne is every single treatment take forever, - what did he give you to try?

How old are you?

What kind of spots do you have? Black head, white heads or the kind that is just under the surface you can see but hurt like hell?
    theya re all under the surface but they are big red and orrible. I cant remember what the tablets were calle. and im coming 18 in....less than two weeks. But my skins been terrible since i was 10
    I quite often get spots hidden deep under the skin which you can't see but hurt like hell cos they are over a joint or nerve!!

If they aren't making it all the way up to the surface then the only thing that will work is fighting it from the inside out

Was the thing the doctor gave like an antibotic like Tetrcycline?

You can try eating honey and cinnamon powder

do a search onthe web and you'll find it mentioned loads, plus my Mum's away swore by it for everything ... she told one women about it who had really bad hay fever and she stopped getting the symptoms after trying it.

I think cinammon is a natural antibotic or something!!

Also I reckon chocolate cause spots, don't care what the experts say!!
    no they all do surface in a sense you can see them but they dont break throught the skin the equivalent of sticking a big red apple beneath sum cling film. and the experts are all fuck holes of course it causes spots. my ex gfs particularly attractive motehr proved that when she ate three bars and the day after she got the first load shed had in years
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    no they all do surface in a sense you can see them but they dont break throught the skin the equivalent of sticking a big red apple beneath sum cling film. and the experts are all fuck holes of course it causes spots. my ex gfs particularly attractive motehr proved that when she ate three bars and the day after she got the first load shed had in years

Exactly!! A lot of these so called old wives tales turn out to be true - my cousin brought me Hersies choclates from the USA and I ate shed loads and two days later broke out big time and now have the scars to prove it!! Now if I want chocolate I'll eat a biscuit covered in chcoclate like twix or kit kat!! not so bad on the skin.

Try the honey and Cinamon powder you've got nothing to lose!!

In fact I've just covered my face in honey for good measure!!

You'll find many reports on the web about burns patients having their wounds covered in honey and recovering faster - I reckon it might do similar for Acne!!
    Hey - I went to sleep last night with honey all over my face, anyway woke up this morning to find my remaining spots gone and the two main scars faded!!

Haven't used honey in ages - I used to also east a table spoon of honey everyday - until someone moved the jar and I forgot all about it - think I'll keep a jar in my bedroom so I do't forget!!
    Hey Diamond, I did a search on the internet and found honey recommended in loads of places, so I tried it last night! I warmed a few spoonfuls of honey in the microwave and put it on for 15 minutes after washing and drying my face first. It does seem to have made a difference, you're right. I'll keep trying it and see if it gets any better!

Thanks for the tip.
    I found another jar of honey but the honey was all solid - heated it up and used it but nothing much happend perhaps even some more spots if anything but very small ones - I think the trick is to use honey that has always been liquid - lots of sites that report honey is good for burns and speeds up the healing process.

Also saw a programme on TV once about people who use bee stings to cure themselves from something but can't remember what it was now .. some allergy or wasting muscle diesese or something.

I think the moral of the story is that whatever our medical problems - nature has provided the answer somewhere in the world it's just a case of finding it. Now they say a special type of cactus is the new ingredient in a miracle diet pill.
    seriously? honey? i woulda thought the stickyness wouldhave blovked up my pores quite badly......well ive luckily got sum groovy honey in my cupboard ill try it tonight and if anything itll be a nice snack if i start sleeping with my tongue hanging out and it drips onto it
    So Dave... how's the sticky face this morning?
    he didnt have any honey. (sorry i spoke to him today)
    on an irrelevant note, i just realised that lisa simpsons sax, ur signature is a tremendously amusing douglas adams quote, and zella is quite right some bastard mustve nicked all my honey.
    You don't have to put a really thick layer on.

Also good idea to put a towel over your pillow to save having to keep washing it.

I suspect the less processed the honey is the better it works?? I wonder how well those honeys work with the bit of the honey comb still in the jar??

.. oh and be careful what you touch if you get honey on your hands .. I found a cd which had my honey covered finerprints on it - I washed it under warm water and still some left on the CD
    May I point you in the direction of www.healthboards.com which has the most vibrant acne board on the net. From the sounds of it you have acne vulgaris, which is not going to be improved to any kind of reasonable level through using honey (!) unfortunately, especially if you have had it for 8 years. I'm 18, and have just finished a course of roaccutane (the absolute strongest drug you can take for acne) however there are other treatments which you can try that are less severe. Get your doctor to refer you to the dermatologist at the hospital, you need not continue to suffer, there's help out there.
    Originally posted by Museman
    May I point you in the direction of www.healthboards.com which has the most vibrant acne board on the net. From the sounds of it you have acne vulgaris, which is not going to be improved to any kind of reasonable level through using honey (!) unfortunately, especially if you have had it for 8 years. I'm 18, and have just finished a course of roaccutane (the absolute strongest drug you can take for acne) however there are other treatments which you can try that are less severe. Get your doctor to refer you to the dermatologist at the hospital, you need not continue to suffer, there's help out there.

I think what has to be said is everyone is different, what works for one person doesn't for another and all treatments take a long time to show true results.
    Absolutely, it takes time, but better to start in the present; the sooner you start the sooner you can look forward to not having to worry about your skin 24/7.