Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Graphics portfolio

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone know how to enhance a Graphics portfolio within a matter of weeks? I have an interview at university coming up and my work is very bare; just 4 A1 sheets in total.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    include lots of experimental work aswell as final pieces. Its something that they like to see as well as bulking out your portfolio. give faith a pm coz she'll prob have more idea than me, good luck. wheres your interview?

My interview is at Caledonian Uni, though I've recently been informed the course is more computer-based than I'd hoped. This means I might to do the 2 years at college, which my lecturers are strongly advising. Since my original post, I've spend hours building up the pages so I might just pass the interview.
    good luck, hope it goes ok :). what course are you on at the mo?
    Cheers, I'm doing a basic NQ course at college but if I did the 2 years there opposed to 2 years at uni the qualification is similar. I didn't need any interview to be put in HNC either, always reassuring. Another benefit is I could take seperate classes to get Highers in my favourite subjects, I'm not sure if uni gives you such advantages.

I suppose I just want to go to uni because I'm not very social, I need to work on my personality. All my friends are off to Cale, meaning I'll most likely be alone for a futher 2 years. I could easily sacrifice one of the subjects I like for the social side unis are renound for.
    hey i think i know what course your applying for, is it by any chance Multimedia Technology with Product Design or something along those lines? I've just finished doing that course there.
    To bulk up your portfolio stick in some sketches and things, doesn't matter if they're related to Graphic Design that much. They like to see your drawing skills as well as other things. If you've done some investigation drawings then that'll really please them. My portfolio when I went for my interview was shit, it was half finished but it still managed to sway it for me. If you want any more advice or anything pm me:)
    they want to see how you get your ideas, and how you develop them. a sketchbook can be more important to them than the final piece.
    I'm bringing 3 or 4 sketchbooks.

Nice avatar BTW, if not a little creepy.
    photos, moodboards, typeface chart thangs, sketches, and cutting things out of magazines to make pretty art/ads

is doing the Graphic Design HND next year at glasgow college of building and printing *beams* :rolleyes:

may not be at art school yet but im thinking of building up a firm foundation before i embark on things im already capable of :P

*swears her head isnt as big as it seems*

hope you do well in whatever you embark on - shows yer work some time :P

3.14 (pie!! HAR (yeah im a smart arse! gotta love me)) xx