Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

easyCinema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone heard anything about this ?

Some of you lot are in MK, will you be frequenting the place?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ive heard about that, i live an hours bus journey from thier but it would still work out cheaper to take the bus and go to Mk than to go to my local :p Apparently its old films though?
  • Options
    Dunno if they`re OLD old films, I know they`re not first runs. I`m sure I saw Bulletproof Monk on there somewhere, so not that old. But still... 20p!!
  • Options
    I heard about this on the news earlier, sounds like quite a good idea but currently EasyCinema haven't worked out a deal with hollywood producers so they can't show 90% of new releases!

Also, it's only 20p if you book your tickets really early over the internet or phone and as it gets closer to the date the price goes up!
  • Options
    I had some spare tickets - bought extra cos they were only 20p each - I did post on this site if anyone wanted them for free, but no response!!

I did notice none of the movies onthe list seemed to be new releases but I often never go to see them anyway because the cinema's are packed and sold out on the weekends, so think this will be a good idea as it gives you a chance to see a fairly new release a few weeks / months later then when it first came out and by then people will know which films were worth seeing.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Is this another venture where they ridiculously over book, so when you turn up for the 7:30pm showing of a film, there is a 60% chance, they will be too many people, thus forcing you to wait till the 9pm showing?

I've also earned they are planning easyBus. Minibus's between London and Birmingham, probably drop you off in the middle of nowhere, or at the side of the motorway. London to Birmingham for a £1?!
  • Options
    Well it`ll be interesting to watch how it goes at any rate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I've also earned they are planning easyBus. Minibus's between London and Birmingham, probably drop you off in the middle of nowhere, or at the side of the motorway.

Middle of nowhere, or...Birmingham?

Umm... :p
  • Options
    I live in MK....Most of the easyCinema films are quite old, they were asking for donations so they could afford to show big blockbusters there. And its only 20p if u book in advance, like tim the enchanter said. So no good for last minute feeling like a film moods.