Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

SPL Champions!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a happy Rangers fan here, wanting to share my joy!! :D

what an end to the season!?! very nerve racking... fingernails are now significantly shorter than they were before 3pm yesterday!

anyway, wanted to say well done to Celtic for making a fight of it, and all else aside it is a shame that they didn't get a cup this season - namely due to the amazing amateur dramatic skills of the Porto team.

anyway should really go and revise now... i hate exams.

all u other 'gers fans out there - hope your still celebrating, and that we get another trophy on Saturday to add to our little collection!!

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Come on the 'gers!

    "Tell all the tims you know......." :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Championees!!!!!!!
    Woohoo!!

    What a nerve wracking day Sunday was. When Thompson scored their first penalty (diving scumbag Sutton up to his usual) and they went to the top I really thought it was over. Thank god I was wrong and that he didn't have the bottle for their second penalty! :D

    When Arteta went up to take the penalty I don't think I was alone in not being able to watch (well I know de Boer couldn't watch either).

    It was a great day tho and Arveladze's dancing was hilarious!

    Rangers played like the pros they are and did all us fans proud. They deserved it.

    I can't believe that arse Sutton's comments at the end tho. And he's meant to be a pro? Complete scum thats what he is :mad:
    especially in light of what we now know that Celtic were having a go at Marshall for not letting them score more goals!! Mind you, thats the Celtic way ... :rolleyes: Cheat, dive, inTIMidation, conspiracy theories etc etc.

    Anyway, well done the 'Gers! The league trophy is back where it belongs for a world record 50th time!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    The league trophy is back where it belongs for a world record 50th time!

    Doesn't matter how many times you win the league, Rangers are, and always will be, scum. Scummy glory hunting fans, scummy players, scummy everything.

    The sad thing is, the great unwashed will be going about all summer saying they're better than Celtic, yet you only finished top by a couple of goals, wheras Celtic had a European run to contend with. Still, you lot won't ever have that problem :rolleyes:

    Scum :mad:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Now now guys its only Scottish football it doesn't matter all that much.........:)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sad sad sad. Why do Aberdeen fans wish they were Celtic so much? :rolleyes:

    Seriously tho, sure Rangers have a lot of glory hunting fans but so do Celtic - more so I'd say. Where were those 60,000 - 70,000 fans who went to Seville during Rangers 9 in a Row? Cetlic crowds were down to an average of 20,000. I know loads of Celtic fans who haven't been to a game in years but as soon as they got to the UEFA Cup final decided to go.

    So don't go accusing all Rangers fans of being glory hunters because you know fuck all about me or the other Gers fans that have posted here. You are just a typical sad bitter Aberdeen fan - oh wait, now I see where the connection with Celtic comes from!!
    :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Doesn't matter how many times you win the league, Rangers are, and always will be, scum. Scummy glory hunting fans, scummy players, scummy everything.

    The sad thing is, the great unwashed will be going about all summer saying they're better than Celtic, yet you only finished top by a couple of goals, wheras Celtic had a European run to contend with. Still, you lot won't ever have that problem :rolleyes:

    Scum :mad:

    I think it's easily summed up.

    This is the best Celtic team I've seen in my lifetime.

    This is the worst Rangers team I've seen in my lifetime.

    Rangers are on course for the Treble.

    Celtic have won nothing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HA HA HA! Nice one Ninja Master!

    At the end of the day, it's only a game - and that's all it'll ever be!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    I think it's easily summed up.

    This is the best Celtic team I've seen in my lifetime.

    This is the worst Rangers team I've seen in my lifetime.

    Rangers are on course for the Treble.

    Celtic have won nothing.

    A Scottish team getting to a Euro Final is worth much more, than a Scottish domestic treble, in my opinion. Look at how many times Rangers or Celtic have won the treble, then look at the amount of times Scottish teams have got to the Euro final lately.

    That said, I think the two teams are probably fairly evenly matched, although Rangers won the treble without a Henrik Larsson type striker.

    Next season will be fun :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by pinkstar

    So don't go accusing all Rangers fans of being glory hunters because you know fuck all about me or the other Gers fans that have posted here. You are just a typical sad bitter Aberdeen fan - oh wait, now I see where the connection with Celtic comes from!!
    :p

    Right...

    1) Where were all your fans during the mid-late 70's and most of the 80's, when you won pretty much fuck all.

    Nowhere to be seen

    2) The rest of my family are Celtic fans. I chose Aberdeen because they're local and I'm not a glory hunter.

    Lesser of two evils then :rolleyes: :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    A Scottish team getting to a Euro Final is worth much more, than a Scottish domestic treble, in my opinion. Look at how many times Rangers or Celtic have won the treble, then look at the amount of times Scottish teams have got to the Euro final lately.

    Celtic have won only three trebles in nearly 60 years. Hardly impressive for a 'European giant' in a two horse race, wouldn't you agree?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Right...

    1) Where were all your fans during the mid-late 70's and most of the 80's, when you won pretty much fuck all.

    In the late seventies, Rangers won two domestic trebles in three seasons. So are you ignorant, a liar, or just plain stupid? Or does two trebles in three seasons count as "pretty much fuck all"?

    As for the early 80s...... Shit happens. Every club in the World goes through a bad period at some point, and some fans will choose not to continue going. Rangers fans have never claimed to be the most loyal fans in the World because something like that is a ridiculous claim to make, and best served for blinkered supporters.

    For a club that went through their single worst period in over 110 years, the home average per season never dropped below 18,000 - Which is more than Aberdeen had for their greatest ever match.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No offence to either side but I really really hope the Old Firm are never allowed to play in the English league for as long as the bigoted sectarian shit goes on (seemly until Hell freezes over :rolleyes: ).

    We certainly could do without it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Agreed...............
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course.

    The Premiership is content with the rampant racism and hooliganism that is rife throughout certain supports.

    What would Britain's biggest derby possibly bring to the league?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    .
    What would Britain's biggest derby possibly bring to the league?

    That statement pretty much sums it all up.

    Rangers and Celtic spend the most part bullying the smaller SPL clubs for their own gains. You wouldn't be able to do that down south, although you'd sure as hell try.

    And I'm willing to bet hooliganism would increase, especially if you were allowed to play in the English cups, and got drawn against Millwall or any other club with a notorious following.

    However, I think on the pitch you'd both do OK. Big clubs, playing in a top league would attract big name players once the money started rolling in.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    Of course.

    The Premiership is content with the rampant racism and hooliganism that is rife throughout certain supports.


    Recent examples?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry Essemm, English football is not without incidents either, but one thing we don't get is the nasty sectarian, religious shit and utter hatred that goes on in the Old Firm.

    To be frank it makes a Man U-Liverpool league-decider game look like a kick-about on Hyde Park on a Sunday.

    And it would definitively increase hooliganism. Just picture Celtic playing against those great chums of Rangers, Chelsea FC.

    Could do without the endless UDA/UFF/IRA references as well and the constant banter about Ulster/Ireland, which is a subject of utmost boredom in this parts.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Plus you ould get bitchy when you got your asses walloped down the league.......:D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Indeed, since the talk was of letting Celtic and Rangers join the Nationwide First Division, wouldn't it be tragic if they got stuck there? :D;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It would :lol:

    Relaisticaly they would be mid-table make weights in the premiership with a possibility of a European place on a good season, probably more likely to be the UEFA cup.......

    I don't think their fans could cope with not winning anything regularly, they would have more money but whats the point if tou ain't good enough?
Sign In or Register to comment.