Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My webby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a background picture on my site but it takes bloody ages to load up over 56K. Is there any way I can get the pic speed up loading or could have it so it will be on there without it loading up?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Make the pic smaller.
    Try saving it as a jpg or a gif rather than a bmp.
    It is a JPG..I can't make it smaller other wise it looks crap as a background.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It is a JPG..I can't make it smaller other wise it looks crap as a background.

Change the compression / optimisation level then.
    What sort of background is it?

try using a PNG (or possibly GIF) with the incremental option. It'll probably take longer to complete loading than the JPEG, but it should be "there" quicker.
    No

There's not a lot you can do other than making the image smaller. Some computer's will cache it so that it only has to be downloaded once, but that's about it.

Grr. Just lost that & had to write it out again. No one told me I could only post once every 30 seconds :mad:
    wow this must be the first thread in which Mist has actually helped
    if you have photoshop then go to save for web it gives the option to view four different formats and how long it will take to download over 28 and 56k dial-ups, that way you can change the compression etc n u can see how long it should take to load, bear in mind that most users will get bored if it hasn't loaded up in 20 secs, if you don't have photoshop then just ignore most of what i just said and go with what mist has said
    make sure the dpi is 72.