Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Things You Thought You'd Do but Never Will

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are there things you thought you'd eventually get around to doing but never have or will?

I always thought I'd meet Diana one day and in fact she was just down the road from me two weeks before she died open a hospital wing or something.

Also thought I'd fly at least once on Concorde!!
But the last Air France conconrde flew today and BA stop flying in October!! Now looks I'll never get to do that as well!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know... why?
    unless Branson is more than hot air, and does make a go of it
    Originally posted by will haycock
    I don't know... why?

Why Not??....

..Someone I know for example I suspected thought one day she'd get married, have kids, etc.

She used to get asked out by so many guys!! And must have turned down god knows how many proposals!!

She turned away so many, now she's in her late 40's and still single and all the guys she turned down married someone else, had their own kids, etc.

Now She has pretty much taken it that a husband, kids, etc will never happen for her. A husband perhaps there's still time - but time for kids is fast running out!!
    Originally posted by Carriage Return
    unless Branson is more than hot air, and does make a go of it

Overall I like Branson but I think he's got a cheeck to ask that BA sells him their entire fleet of Concordes for £1.

I think the Prime minister of the day should have one as his own private jet - would trash the 747 Air Force One!!

And the way Tony Blair is jetting off around the world these days visiting other countries a Concorde would be handy!!

... Actually I'm sure the Royal Airforce could take them on and convert them into something useful .. anything got to be better then seeing them onthe ground in a museum - those birds were meant to fly!!
    I always thought i'd learnt how to swim but i cant see it happening. My water phobia type thing seems to be getting worse. But...maybe,...some day
    Thats all i can think of at the mo.
    Originally posted by J
    It would cost them more to get rid of them than to sell them for a pound.

I don't think so - there are museums around the world fighting to get their hands on them - bet they'd pay a lot more then £1 for them!

Even one doctor wants one to be parked in the hospital grounds to used for treating people - the pressurised cabin is perfect for some kind of treatment - can't remember which now.
    I would love to work and live in Canada but the closest i have so far come are just house exchanges:( I dont think I will be able to follow out my dream :(