Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Two systems but one monitor?

JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
At the mo, I've got two computers, but only one monitor. Hence everytime I want to change computers I have to shut down, change the cable, then boot up the other system. I've seen a box type thing at work with two systems and one monitor, where you hit a button on the box to switch the system that appears on the monitor.

Does anyone know what they are, where they can be bought from, and how much I'm looking at?

Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    More commonly called switchboxes I think. They vary in price from like 30 quid to thousands of pounds, depending on how many inputs and what you want them to do.

Try maplin or any of the computer shops online.
    Probably much more than a monitor would cost... Why not buy a monitor?
    Sometimes they are called KVM boxes or something like that - keyboard / Video ? mouse - something like that - those allow you to use a single mouose, keyboard and monitor with two PC's.

But I suspect you only need the monitor switching.

I have a 19 inch monitor that has two inputs onthe back for two PC's to be plugged in at the same time - handy at times!!

Computer fairs usually sell these boxes cheap - see if there are any in your area.

or check out

www.redstore.com
    go to www.misco.co.uk
    in the search box put
    integrated kvm

you might be able to find cheaper elsewhere

leave my commision unser the stone by the graveyard