Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you sound like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This has probably been done before but... meh I'm going to ask it anyway.

What do you sound like? Do speak with an accent? What sort of voice do you have?

I have a really boring voice to be honest. I speak with a fairly typical London accent (sort of 'posh' rather than cockney though), and my voice is fairly low although it goes high pitched too easily when I'm excited.

Anyone else?

(I'm bored)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Umm well someone commented on me sounding like David Brent (From the Office). Hanvt got a clue if its true or not
    Neutral London accent - however when I go on holiday I start picking up the country's accent and then start talking like them without even realising it.

I just entered a competition and part of it you had to make a video tape recording of yourself - It was weird seeing myself on on screen talking directly into the camera!!
    How I sound:

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/wests/temp/kirstytalking.wav

(Edited to add that I sound so strange!! I didn't realise I sounded like that...)
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    How I sound:

(Edited to add that I sound so strange!! I didn't realise I sounded like that...)

What on Earth??

Your voice scares me.

And I speak with a midlands accent methinks. I have quite a normalish voice. a bit low. but thats about it. rumbles too... if you know what i mean :p
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    What on Earth??

Your voice scares me.

And I speak with a midlands accent methinks. I have quite a normalish voice. a bit low. but thats about it. rumbles too... if you know what i mean :p

My voice scares me too :/
    How I sound:

You sound like the new girl from HollyOaks - Although nicer accent!!!
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    You sound like the new girl from HollyOaks - Although nicer accent!!!

She better be hot...
    Ummm, my voice is in the voices thread thingy. I'm not sure what the hell kind of accent I have but I'm from Essex so it must be slightly...Essex-y. :/ And my voice is just.....blah!

Argh, these debug things are pissing me off. Die. DIIIE! :mad:
    I dont have an accent! Was told the other day that I am very well spoken so guess that's how I sound.....but I'm not posh! :p
    to the untrained ear i probably sound like a yorkie :/ i have a definaite northern 'twang' tho :)

hehe, 'twang'
    Mines a mixture of Norfolk/Bristol. Its very weird cos it changes when i say certain things.
    Apparently I sound posh...even compared to the people I live around (I live in Berkshire)... unless I'm really excited or stoned then I just squeak or talk like I have a sock in my closed mouth.. :yes: if that made any sense what-so-ever.
    I've also been told I sometimes speak with a slight american 'twang' :confused:

I think i sound like a bloke though. :(
    Different pl say different things...some ppl say i sound english (as in posh n shit) others say i sound american (fine) others say i sound arabic. depends who i'm talkin to which language and about wot i guess....
    I'm fairly well spoken, but not posh. I put that down to elecution lessons when I was very young.
    However. Having grown up, and lived in, Gloucestershire for most of my life (until a few years ago), I pronounce quite a few words with a Gloucestershire accent, and have been told that I sometimes sound like a farmer. :confused::(
    My voice is often quite deep, and I think it's a bit flat and monotone at times. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    ok, well ya know how like everybody talks in the movies, and all the movie/tv show people (american tv) and they all have that same accent, thats my accent. but i tend to slur alot of my word together. and i've got the typical mid-western thing going, i say 'eh' after alot of things.
    Im from the North East and people who have heard my voice think I sound common as muck........not posh me :p
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How I sound:

Argh freak! Its sorta Scottish then it isn't :p

I sound like a Northern Bloke - because I am!
    Apparently I have a sexy voice (thats what people tell me) and i giggle a lot um...i cant say i have an accent cos i live in reading but depending on who i'm with i can be rude girlish like "yeh that song is proper heavy" to well spoken at interviews or whatever.
    My voice is also on that 'voices of the siters' thread in introduce yaself.
    You don't sound strange. It's a nice gentle Scotish accent. Very nice.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    well spoken.

it's on that thread, somewhere.
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    You don't sound strange. It's a nice gentle Scotish accent. Very nice.

Mr_Wobble ;)

*cuddles you*

Thank you :)
    i got a pretty neutral accent with a slight northern "twang" as it was put earlier to it
    I'd say that I am pretty well-spoken and without an accent. I'm very pleased that I don't seem to have a Devonian accent (I was born, raised and live here), because it's terrible but quite funny. :D
    I'm well spoken, yet use plenty of Scottish colloquialisms :D And I sound Dundonianish..

:\ freeky deeky
    Ooooaaarrrr me dear! How be e?