Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Showing off...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why are some people quick to call others a 'show off'?

For example, my mate is really good at break dancing, and he did some breakdancing yesturday in a club (while stone sober btw), and afterwards, I heard some people say things like 'he was just showing off'... etc

I never consider anyone to be a show off, unless their blantently over-acting strangely to gain attention.

My moto is ... If you got it, flaunt it!!! ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cause people are extremely jealous, and can't handle others luck and happiness, and therefore need to put people down to make up for their own bitterness.
    argh, i hate it when people act like that! I mean seriously it's a club and he's dancing :rolleyes:
    just cos he was better than them. jealousy's a curse :yes:
    Today also got me thinking.
    It was really hot today, and when I was walking around town, I felt like taking my top off (as you do on a hot day :) ).

Without sounding like a show-off (hehe, see even I think like that :eek2: ), I've got a good body due to my bodybuilding (6 pack and all), so I thought "nah, people will think I'm showing off".

But then I thought, why is OK for other people to walk around town on a hot day with their tops off.
    We see loads people with their tops off on hot days (even with beer bellies), so why would the people with fit bodies be labelled as a show offs?
    Originally posted by crescendo
    Today also got me thinking.
    It was really hot today, and when I was walking around town, I felt like taking my top off (as you do on a hot day :) ).

Without sounding like a show-off (hehe, see even I think like that :eek2: ), I've got a good body due to my bodybuilding (6 pack and all), so I thought "nah, people will think I'm showing off".

But then I thought, why is OK for other people to walk around town on a hot day with their tops off.
    We see loads people with their tops off on hot days (even with beer bellies), so why would the people with fit bodies be labelled as a show offs?

Just the way it is (and where exactly do you take your top off eh? :p)

If its a hot day and people take their tops off, im not really bothered about whose a show off an who aint. Its obvious who the posers are and if its hot then everyone got the right!
    jealousy perhaps drives people to quickly jump and say show off
    i dont know. i get called a show off lots, for doing things. i think the worst case was my friend komal. i got 100% in a test, I didn't tell ANYBODY but she overheard the teacher tell me and she was so bitter at me because she said I was showing off.

I call one of my friends-ish a show off a lot of the time, because he keeps saying how rich he is and how his dad owns a private jet or something. And I wonder why he goes to this school rather than a private one :s

He keep ssaying how he's going to get a mclaren F1 or something I'm not sure and that its not hard. and then he goes on about how his mum gives him £50 just cos he asks for it.

I am kinda jealous but he like flaunts it in your face its so unreal. He'll come up to you and just randomly say how he's got money for nothing.
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I call one of my friends-ish a show off a lot of the time, because he keeps saying how rich he is and how his dad owns a private jet or something. And I wonder why he goes to this school rather than a private one :s

He keep ssaying how he's going to get a mclaren F1 or something I'm not sure and that its not hard. and then he goes on about how his mum gives him £50 just cos he asks for it.

I am kinda jealous but he like flaunts it in your face its so unreal. He'll come up to you and just randomly say how he's got money for nothing.
    Now that sounds like a show off.
    he sounds more like a prick than a show off :D

or maybe a lot of both
    I hate the stupid little saying 'I'm richer than you :p ' so what!! it doesn't make you a better person just cos you are surrounded by money!!