Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Damn it's Hot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Summer is finally here in London - my first hot and sticky night - can't sleep with this heat and the only fan I have sounds like it came off concorde's engine!!

I want air conditioning!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    think yourself lucky you have some kind of airing system I have none!!
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    think yourself lucky you have some kind of airing system I have none!!

Yeah but I need ear plugs to go with it!! ;)
    Its well hot isn't it!?! Ive been sat outside today, drinking a bottle of Pink Ice, Red square & revising Biology :D
    What's pink ice? Never heard of that?

maybe I should get a hammock and sleep outside ... if only that hurricane we had abot 10 years ago hadn't knocked over the apple tree in the garden!!
    sleeping outside under the stars mmmmm i wish takes off jumper
    It feels too damn hot at the moment. But in a few weeks it'll seem like a normal day. Can't wait until this is normal. Mind you, I'm now going to be stuck at work all weekend. :( Then again, I've just seen the forecast for Saturday - cloudy, rain, possible thunder & lightning.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    FUCKIN YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

burnt my arms tannin/revising ahhhhhhhhhh yeah :D
    I'm sunburnt :( My back is still really pink this morning!
    crikey all these people who are sun burnt and I'm not
    Meh I hate this stupid heat! If my dad hadn't broken our hammock, I'd go and sleep outside at night, cause I can hardly breathe in my room cause its so hot... and the 2 fans aren't doing anything at all :( ... wasn't it pissing down with rain a week ago? :confused: Just glad I don't have sunburn, cause I stay inside doing coursework and playing guitar all day, then go out in the evenings :) I burn too easily.
    Yeah, was really warm and stuffy in my room last night, so I slept with the window open. Makes a good change to be hot! :D
    damn its a beautiful morning in sunny lincolnshire. fink i might have myself a round of golf and a few beers.... :) bliss
    peace the-macca
    I finally have a little colour instead of walking around like a pale snow white
    Its even hotter here today, so I thinks its a good idea to sit and do nothing all day :D
    I can't sleep it's to hot and if I open my windows the moths come in!!

Had the first one of the year tonight - this year I replaced my energy saving light bulb with three 40W Halogen bulbs on a dimmer, turned the light on full and still the heat didn't kill it - don't understand why not - I touch one by accicent several minute after it was switched off and burnt myself - that thing should have fried!!
    If I hand some moth balls near my window would that keep them away?
    *hands everyone a icelolly. :)*
    Thanks Lisa :D

Lovely and hot here :cool:
    It's a beautiful day here too, which made it that much more of a pain that my exams started this morning.
    The room was hot and stuffy, and they have draconian rules about not having water in the exam room - mean people
    Originally posted by cymruangel
    It's a beautiful day here too, which made it that much more of a pain that my exams started this morning.
    The room was hot and stuffy, and they have draconian rules about not having water in the exam room - mean people

Probabaly cos someone will do really badly in the exam and spill water on purpose to mess it up... I once did a maths exam and they never gave me any paper to write on .. I didn't know I was supposed to get an extra set of paper so I wrote my answers on the question sheet .. days later the teacher was asking me if I sat the exam ... which I did .. they then figured out that the guy overseeing the exam chucked my paper away!!

She let me sit the exact exam again .... ON MY OWN AT HOME!!!

you can bet I did good on that exam!!! :D
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I once did a maths exam and they never gave me any paper to write on .. I didn't know I was supposed to get an extra set of paper so I wrote my answers on the question sheet .. days later the teacher was asking me if I sat the exam ... which I did .. they then figured out that the guy overseeing the exam chucked my paper away!!

She let me sit the exact exam again .... ON MY OWN AT HOME!!!

you can bet I did bloddy good on that exam!!! :D
    *Makes note* Will have to do that in future
    How hot is it today?! Going to work on days like this is really horrible! Went to the park at lunch and none of us wanted to go back to work again! We finish at 3 tomorrow though! :hyper: