Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Driving me crazy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is my best mate so god damn jealous all the time!? Every time I make a new friend it's, 'Are they replacing me?' I've told her a million times that no, they are not replacing her and that she will always be my best mate, but noooooooooo. I thought she finally got it after the THIRD time, but no. First there was out other mate, then our other mates friend who I started talking to online (fair enough, I did talk about him non-stop from the first time I spoke to him until about 3 weeks ago) and then there was the boy I spoke to online and *happened* to bump into when I was visiting my sister on the other side of the country. Now she has moved on. To my BOYFRIEND, she seems to think that my mum likes him better than her, even though I never said anything at all to make her think that, and that, even if that was true (which it isn't) I am going to replace her with him :mad:! It's really starting to annoy me! What exactly do I have to do to show her that she is my best mate goddammit!?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    she seems to think that my mum likes him better than her,

i wish that was true... i get the impression your mum dont like me at all!
    Originally posted by Samael
    i wish that was true... i get the impression your mum dont like me at all!

She does, but she also like her and feels sorry for her and her situation.
    best friends are always gonna think boyfriends are gonna replace them around that age,

reason why is cus to an extent its true innit.

sit her down and tell her she gonna have to deal with it but tell her your always there for her jus you won't have as much time for her.

and as for the mum thing, she jus sounds weeeeeeeeeeird.
    I have several best mates and I don't let them get away with making me feel guilty for it. One friend of mine put me in the position for a short while where I was afraid to mention that I was seeing my other mate but eventually I decided it was all pants and now I tell her straight when I have been out with my other mates. And anyway, she has other mates I've never even met and I don't give a shit.

Does your mate have other friends or is she always spending all her time with you? If so its probably about time for you to start letting her know that your friendship isn't exclusive and that life is all about new experiences and new people.
    Very well put byny...

not fran.. what time you seeing me later? :D
    Originally posted by byny
    Does your mate have other friends or is she always spending all her time with you? If so its probably about time for you to start letting her know that your friendship isn't exclusive and that life is all about new experiences and new people.

She spends whatever time she has out with me, but she doesn't get to go out with us very often because she lives about 40 mins away from us on a good day. That's part of the reason she thinks she is being replaced, because she lives so far away so I spend more time with my other friends. She gets annoyed when I make plans without her because I know she won't be able to go - so I don't see the point in asking her. Even when she had a boyfriend she could spend time with she was still like it!