Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

foreskin problems!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
apologies if mentionned before.
Have recently began sleeping with my ex (bad idea i know, but thats not the topic pf this post)!!! and although we went out for over a year, never had unprotected sex until we started having this 'casual' sex. ~(yes shes on the pill)
i have not been circumcised, and altho she is often VERY wet, i have the following problem....
upon entry/during the sex (if it gets that far) my foreskin gets pulled down and then gets stuck when it goes over the ridge of the head. as the blokes will understand, the little bit that atatches the head to the foreskin gets streatched ALOT here, and is very uncomfortable! (not pain, but scares the shit outa me coz i think its snapped). ive read bout it snapping before on this board, but mine wont seem to snap, i dont want it to, but its inconveniencing me big time. We havent tried using a lube, will this sort it? what will happen if/when it snaps, will it heal seperate from foreskin, and how painful is it? any other ways i can try to stop this streatching happening?is it normal atal or am i super streatchy? it dosent happen when using a condom and its a problem id like to sort coz unprotected sex is SO much more fun/intimate!
cheers in advance.

Comments

• Options
    This is quite common I think. There's something somewhere in the Site's Magazine pages about this but I can't be bothered to go look for it. I'm not a bloke but I've heard that if you practise pulling the skin back and forth it makes it more flexible and easier to push it back after sex. Your penis is going to be sensitive if you've never done it without protection before, so take things slowly at first!

A guy should probably answer this!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what you mean... With me, the foreskin goes all the way back anyway if I get an erection. Although when I about 12/13ish, I pulled the foreskin back what I thought at the time was too far, cos it hurt a bit, but there was no cut or anything I don't think, so I assumed it was just cos the foreskin wasn't used to being pulled back. Now even when it's flacid, most of the time the foreskin is all behind the head... Is this what is meant by 'snapping'?
  • Options
    No, I think he means the frenulum that connects the foreskin to the underside of the head of the penis - that can become taught and can "snap" (the skin is sometimes referred to as the "banjo string").

Apparently, it hurts like buggery if it does get damaged. I don't think any amount of lubrication will help in this particular circumstance but see a doctor about it before you do yourself some excrutiatingly painful damage. Circumcision will always be the last option.
  • Options
    my boyfriends snapped once....there was blood everywhere - wasn't a pretty sight

also had to try and explain to my mother why my gorgeous new pale green (it was 1996...ok!) jeans were covered in blood
  • Options
    i feel ill......:no:
  • Options
    ouuchhh
    Takes me back!
    I never really have proctected sex, we both know we're clean and she's on the pill..

well

I always have trouble getting IN her as she says its too big and she's too tight..
    well, one day, i forced it in... and i had cut the bit you on about!It never totally snapped away

I bled, and it hurt! Had sex the next day and i was cool!

Dunno if that helps!
    But to help solve your prob/worries!
    What I now do if it wont go in... I hold my penis and push it in with my hand, keeping my foreskin 'slack' near the top, so nothing is being stretched

This really works for me, and can't see why it wudn't ffor u! :D
    Have fun!
  • Options
    what will happen if it snaps? mate snapping your banjo will kill! It happend to my ex!
  • Options
    lol, cheers guys, esp SexGodNoMore. i duno if its that im too big, shes too tight, or a combo (ive slept with her thousands of times but never with neone else, so have little to compare with!). il try wot u suggested, plus some lubrication aswel maybe. why didnt my parents circumsize me? woulda been so much easier!!! lol!
    neways cheers, shoulda really stop sleepin with her coz its bad idea, but its such fun! argh!
    can i turn it into, shud i keep sleepin with her post? lol
  • Options
    Why don't you go the doctor. Everyone seems to be a bit confused on this board....
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I too suffered the same problem, and it was so tight that the end of my glans bent down each time i pulled back my foreskin. It snapped once during sex, though I don't really remember it doing so at the time. It's bin great since then and haven't felt any pain since, though it was a bit sore for about a week. Don't worry about it too much, it'll eventually snap/stretch and cause you no problems. I
  • Options
    ouch, this post is making me feel all sore and i have to check my dick every 5 seconds to see if everythings ok....does ne 1 no y we lads worry so much about out dicks.... like check balls r still there every 5 minutes lol
  • Options
    Any painful probs with penis i would go straight to the docs. Best to get it checked and sorted. Dont be embarrassed askng the doc, he will have heard it all before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ChewIT
    Any painful probs with penis i would go straight to the docs. Best to get it checked and sorted. Dont be embarrassed askng the doc, he will have heard it all before.
    :yes:
    Camyx: Dunno what it is, but even if it's normal, I don't think it's right. The whole point of having it all is to have sex, and if you can't do that, then something's wrong. Go see the doc, or go to a GUM clinic.
  • Options
    You don't need to go to a GUM clinic.

What you may have is something called paraphimosis which is a derivative of phimosis which is a name for a condition when the fore skin is unable to retract round the glans, or head of the penis.

This can vary to not being able to retract at all (i.e. only being able to see the urethra opening) to being able to retract but not fully. This is usually caused by a bad case of nappy rash when you were a baby, obviously you wouldn't remember it, and your parents wouldn't know much about it.

What paraphimosis is, is that you CAN retract the foreskin but when you get an erection, it gets trapped behind the glans, or head of the penis, because the diameter of the foreskin opening isn't wide enough, or you've got a big penis.

What basically are your options, are either to stretch the skin in some way so that it makes the aperture wider. Or to get circumsiced which would remove the problem entirely. But ovbiously there's risks in that. In anycase, if there's any worry, its a GP you should attend to.

Have fun!