Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Girls dont like boys girls like cars and money...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its an attractive quality...but I dont look for it...what about you?....

Boys do you laugh at us when were not funny?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not something that I look for in a bloke, but it certainly would make a bloke even more attractive if he had them! ;):naughty:

Wouldn't go out with a minger even if he was a millionaire and had an amazing car though! :p
    Originally posted by Faith

Wouldn't go out with a minger even if he was a millionaire and had an amazing car though! :p

me neither, although I have friends that do....maybe I should think about my future more...hmm.....nah mingers...no way!
    It's not something I look for and I'd never actually let it sway me if I were weighing up whether to go for a guy or not... but it's definitely an added bonus :D
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I'd never actually let it sway me if I were weighing up whether to go for a guy or not...

Not even if you had 2 guys to pick from? They were both really fit, 1 was rich with a nice car, and the other was poor and had to get the bus? ;):p
    Originally posted by Faith
    Not even if you had 2 guys to pick from? They were both really fit, 1 was rich with a nice car, and the other was poor and had to get the bus? ;):p

if I liked them as boyfs equally id go for the 1 with the car:naughty:
    I don't specifically look for a guy who has a car or money but it certainly helps, especially the car part!

My last 2 boyfriends haven't driven and it turned out to be quite expensive and time consuming seeing each other.

One lived the other side of town to me, not too bad during the day as it was just a case of getting 2 buses, but in the evening it was a case of getting seperate taxi's, it generally cost me £15 to get home after an evening out with him. :(

The other lived in a different town, a half hour drive away but I had to get the train then a bus to his which ended up taking an hour!

Even once I've actually passed my test I won't have my own car, it is so much easier being with someone who can drive, I'm not bothered by the money side though. :)
    I wouldn't laugh at a fit girl of she wasnt funny, or a nice girl for that matter.

My ex ( you can tell i've only had a handful as all my references are to the one) dumped her 20-year-old boyfriend who was driving lexus to go out with me but after we broke up she went running to him. So i guess it really is just a bonus.
    End.
    my ex was rich granted it was all inherantence and stocks and bonds, poor bastard never had a real job... and yea, the perks were nice, decent house, nice car, being taken out to nice places. but honestly, most the time i didn't even notice or care. moneys not a deciding issue, its not really an issue at all in my opinion.

though if he was cheap, like *never* pays for anything whether it be dinner or deordant for himself, then thats a whole nother story :p
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    It's not something I look for and I'd never actually let it sway me if I were weighing up whether to go for a guy or not... but it's definitely an added bonus :D

Definitely an added bonus. Sadly one which my boyfriend doesn't have at the moment. But he's going to be famous so he doesn't need to learn to drive - the chaffeur will take us everywhere. And then we'll have loads of money.

I can wait...
    Oh and also, if he came up to me and said 'hey babe, why don't you come with me, I'm rich and I have a car' then I wouldn't go for him, I'd just think he was a twat with nothing else to recommend him.

And he couldn't be *too* obsessed with his car. Like in that Shania Twain song - no kissing his guitar goodnight, please! It's bad enough that my boyfriend's obsessed with guitars (well it's not that bad cos like I said, he's going to be rich and famous) but if he were polishing his car and playing mechanics with it every five minutes, I'd rather take the bus.
    God i'm a shallow person :yes:

I should have been born Lady of some manor house, i'd have done very well at being posh totty.

Sorry piss taking aside anyway :)

It doesn't bother me too much about the money issue, as long as someone has enough that they get by and a car i'm not too bothered. Believe me, i dated a bloke who lost his license and it was a pain in the arse. I was like the local taxi service and it really does grate after a while.

Although a rather fit bloke and money do go well together i would definately not date a minger just for his bank balance. And if a bloke has a sports car then i'm after the car not him. He can just move over and let me drive :cool:
    my boyfriend always laughs at me and i know i'm not funny..... :)

in fact he's probably doing it because i'm not funny
    I don't really go for cars or money
    My bf hasn't got much money but still insists on paying for everything. He's got a nice car now but when we started going out he had an old banger.
    I've never had a thing about cars coz my dads always driven crappy ones that got us from A to B just fine.
    I'm not looking for money in a guy either as i fully intend to earn bucket loads when i finally qualify as a psychologist.:D
    I think you should just grow up and go out and earn it yourself.

If a woman liked me just because of a car or money, I'd rather be single and celibate.
    Hey - if YOU earned money, too, then YOU could also drive. Funny concept, that. Gone is the era of the man doing everything.
    You wish :p
    Instead of moaning that he hasn't got a car and thus it's difficult to get around, hey, you could go out, learn to drive and drive yourself. Bingo. Doesn't take a genius to work it out.
    I drive, but I wish my boyfriend did too. Doesn't mean I want him to take me everywhere, just that sometimes it's nice to have someone else act as the taxi service!

As for the money thing, I'm not saying I want him to pay for everything, but just that it's better if he doesn't scrounge off me!

Mobily what's your opinion of marriage and children? Should both parents be breadwinners or should one stay at home and look after the kids - making them financially dependent on the other?
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    I drive, but I wish my boyfriend did too. Doesn't mean I want him to take me everywhere, just that sometimes it's nice to have someone else act as the taxi service!

As for the money thing, I'm not saying I want him to pay for everything, but just that it's better if he doesn't scrounge off me!

Yep, I generally agree with that - it's important, I think, to be as equal as possible and not to make one person do all the work or pay for everything.
    Mobily what's your opinion of marriage and children? Should both parents be breadwinners or should one stay at home and look after the kids - making them financially dependent on the other?

Well, I'm a very career-minded person and I'd like my wife (when I get married) to work, too. But then this raises questions about the raising of children (which I'd like), because I realise the importance of spending as much time with them as possible and suchlike. So I'm open minded about your question.
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Well, I'm a very career-minded person and I'd like my wife (when I get married) to work, too. But then this raises questions about the raising of children (which I'd like), because I realise the importance of spending as much time with them as possible and suchlike. So I'm open minded about your question.

It's a difficult question as, like you said, we like to think that the days are 'gone' where men did the work and women stayed at home. I just wondered if you had a particular opinion on it because of your earlier questions.

Open minded is always good :)
    i've just bought my own car! sorry have I already mentioned that.... :rolleyes:

tee hee and I'm really not looking forward to letting my boyfriend drive it
    Originally posted by candy
    i've just bought my own car! sorry have I already mentioned that.... :rolleyes:

vaguely remember you mentioning it in convo:confused: tell us again if you like;) :D
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    vaguely remember you mentioning it in convo:confused: tell us again if you like;) :D

ohhh alright then :D gorgeous renault clio 1.2 16v hologram grey gets delivered on the 26th of June! va va voom
    Originally posted by candy
    ohhh alright then :D gorgeous renault clio 1.2 16v hologram grey gets delivered on the 26th of June! va va voom

Oooooh bet ya cant wait, you lucky lucky girl:p
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    And he couldn't be *too* obsessed with his car

My ex was totally obsessed by his car! Drove me mad! I want a guy with a car, but not one who would prefer a relationship with his car than with another human being :yeees: :lol:
    Just thought i'd add my two cents...
    Yea its an added bonus as everyone says but its not really about what he has... But then i can say that cause i can drive (i'm nearing the end of tedious lessons...woohoo) and have a shiny brand new peugeot 206 sitting outside... :) (had to get that in there somewhere!)
    Its nice to be equal though, which is why it'd be nice if he could drive, you know, the whole taking it in turns thing... lol and as for paying for things, i'm not a girl who can just let ma bloke pay for everything. It makes me feel really awkward and so i like to pay my way every once in a while! :D
    Originally posted by LadyT
    But then i can say that cause i can drive (i'm nearing the end of tedious lessons...woohoo) and have a shiny brand new peugeot 206 sitting outside... :) (had to get that in there somewhere!)
    Its nice to be equal though, which is why it'd be nice if he could drive, you know, the whole taking it in turns thing...

Agreed, I dont wanna drive everywhere all the time! And I have a brand new 206 aswell :D

As said before it's just an added bonus if they do have a car and money. I've just found out that they guy who I fancy is not only very fit, but he also has a very nice new car and a huge house with a swimming pool and jacuzzi! Like I said before, added bonus ;):p
    I'm getting jealous. I haven't driven my car for nearly two months now. I was involved in a car crash over Easter, which wasn't my fault - I got hit by a drunk or drugged up driver. Then my car came back and got parked outside my house, and got hit AGAIN 2 hours later.

I'm going to forget how to drive soon :rolleyes: :( :mad:
    The most important thing to me is that my personality matches his and despite our faults and differences we see through them to each others great hearts. The posessions do not matter one bit.
    I concur

Gotta agree with Mobily's Ghost on this one. If a girl liked me just for my car (very unlikely by the way, unless she was into beat up old convertibles) then she'd have to be shallow as a paddling pool...

I reckon it also demonstrates a big insecurity thing going on and a lack of adventure and originality.. Shall I go on?

:eek2:

"Step out the front door like a ghost into the fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white.
    And in between the moon and you the angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right.
    I walk in the air between the rain through myself and back again
    Where? I don't know"